Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad :
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad ( IIIT – A ) was established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas. The institute was conferred the “Deemed University” status by Govt. of India in the year 2000. The Institute thus became empowered to have a perpetual seal and award degrees subsequent to the conduct of its own examinations.
The Institute has been conceived with the ambitious objectives of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in Information Technology ( IT ) and related areas. This will enable the country to exploit efficiently emerging opportunities, and meet economic challenges being thrown up by the rapid global IT revolution, which is influencing virtually every area of development and social activity.
As an apex nucleating institute in the area of IT, the establishment of IIIT – A, is a major step of Government. of India towards strengthening the indigenous capability necessary for exploiting profitably and harnessing multi – dimensional facets of IT at all levels, and attaining expertise to enable the country to emerge as a leading player in the global arena.
Indian Institute of Information Technology institute owes its existence to the vision and untiring efforts of Hon’ble Prof. Murli Manohar Joshi, Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Science and Technology and Ocean Development, GoI. Realizing the vital significance of IT in the years to come, Prof. Joshi, himself a reputed academician, has been instrumental to getting this prestigious project conceived, initiated and executed in record time.
The beautiful 100 acre campus, situated at Deoghat, Jhalwa, designed meticulously on the Penrose Geometry pattern, is being further topped by fine landscaping to give an all round soothing effect to create a stimulating environment to indulge in the true pursuit of excellence in the field of Information Technology and Allied Sciences. The campus is envisaged to be a fully residential one, with all its faculty, staff and students housed in different pockets. All academic and residential areas are connected to the Institutes’s network.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad Courses :
1. Under Gradute Programs :
- Bachelor of Technology :
- Information Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering
Admission Procedure for B Tech :
Admissions to the four year B.Tech. Program in both the branches ( IT & ECE ) of the Institute is made through All India Entrance Examination by appropriate bodies, as decided by Govt. of India from time to time. Currently, the examination is conducted by CBSE under the name and style of AIEEE. Official Notification of this examination is given wide publicity through national dailies during September-December every year. Application forms – cum – Brochure are made available throughout the country through various Banks. The examination is scheduled usually in May the following year and held at several centers spread over the entire length and breadth of the country, including J&K and NE states.
Based upon the merit in the written examination, Central Counseling Board of AIEEE invites candidates for counseling at selected centers, closes to the respective home places of candidates & seats for various participating institutions are allotted, based upon individual merit.
2. Post Graduate Programs :
- Master of Business Administration in Information Technology ( MBA )
- Master of Science in Cyber Law and Information Security ( MSc )
- Master of Technology in Information Technology ( MTech )
3. Doctoral Programs :
- Networking, Internet, E – commerce, E-Governance, Web based Education, Content design and delivery
- AI, Intelligent / KB systems, Knowledge management, Behavioural modeling,
ITS Industrial Automation – Design, process, production, control, security
- Chemical structures and modeling – Chemicals, new materials, polymers, Pharmaceuticals etc.
- Bio systems – Genetic modeling, medical informatics, Nano technologies Modeling and informatics pertaining to economic, financial and social systems
- Eco systems, GIS, Environmental modeling, Geo systems and Geophysical systems.
Image processing, Image restoration, Applications to art, crafts, sculpture and architecture
- Disaster management Informatics and computation in Indian languages, Informatics for rural areas, IT enabled services and IT enabled educatio
- Surveillance and security for industry and defence, safety in general and in transportation systems in particular.
- A substantial portion of the work will be accomplished via simulation and modeling and design and fabrication of products / applications.
Admission Procedure Doctoral Programs :
Students may enroll in the doctoral programme directly after B.Tech or after M.Tech. The objective of the programme is to promote the development of futuristic IT applications and patentable products, ideas, technologies. The institute intends to contribute to society through these highly qualified students, who have specialized in frontier areas of Information Technology.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad Conatct Us :
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad,
Allahabad – 211 011,
Phone No. : 532 – 2922000, 2922025,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : http://www.iiita.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.