Occupational Safety and Health Student Research Scholarship
The Occupational Safety & Health Student Research
Scholarship is established for
- Promoting applied research related to occupational safety and health by students who study in post -secondary institutions in Hong Kong;
- Rewarding students or groups of student who show potentials of implementing quality applied research in their study; and
- Subsidizing the expenses incurred in the proposed study.
Students enrolling in post-secondary University / College / Institution of Vocational Education / Training Academy are invited to apply for this Scholarship.
OSH Research Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants should be holder of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- Applicant should be a student enrolling in an award -bearing programme of duration of not less than one year offered by a recognized local post -secondary institution in Hong Kong;
- Students can be studying postgraduate, undergraduate or sub-degree programme; and
- Application should be made via the project supervisor, subject leader, or programme leader with the endorsement from the academic department which offered the programme.
OSH Research Feature of the Scholarship
- A maximum of 10 scholarships can be offered subject to the funding availability.
- The prize of each award is HK$4,000.
- The scholarship to be conferred to the applicant is subject to gaining of at least a satisfactory pass grade required by the assessment component, subject or programme under which the research project was conducted ( maximum of three years after the award was granted ).
- The number of awardees is subject to the quality of applications received, and is granted at the sole discretion of the Occupational Safety & Health Council.
OSH Research Scholarship Application Form
The completed application form together with a proposal of the final year project / dissertation commend ng in the academic year of 2017-18 in A4 size page ( not more than 1,500 words ) should be submitted to the Occupational Safety & Health Council, 19/F, China United Centre, 28 Marble Road, North Point, Hong Kong on or before 30 November 2017. All entries received will not be returned to the applicants.
OSH Research Scholarship Selection Process
- The Scholarship will be awarded to the applicants on grounds of potential implementation of a quality applied research project related to occupational safety and
- The areas of applied research can be in any subject area relating to occupational safety and hygiene, work ergonomics, accident prevention and loss control, construction safety, risk management, OSH for small and medium enterprises, safety and health products design, work injury and rehabilitation
- The applied research projects can be final year project, honored or post -graduate degree dissertation which take at least one full semester to
- A Selection Panel will take reference on the relevance, scientific merits, originality, and contributions to occupational safety and health in granting the
- Decision of Selection Panel would be The Panel will not be required to divulge to any person why a particular applicant has not been selected. All information regarding the application, applicants and the selection process would be kept strictly confidential.
- Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend an interview; and attendance in person is required.
- Successful applicants will be notified through their project supervisor, subject leader, or programme
OSH Research Scholarship Important Dates
- Application deadline : 30th November, 2017
19/F, China United Centre,
28 Marble Road, North Point,
Hong Kong SAR, China
Tel : (852) 2739 9377
Fax: (852) 2739 9779
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.