Peter Freyberg Memorial Fund Scholarship, New Zealand
The Peter Freyberg Memorial Scholarship supports students undertaking research in Education at the University of Waikato. Professor Freyberg was appointed as the first Chair of the Department of Education Studies in the University in 1966. He was instrumental in the merger between Hamilton Teachers’ College and The University of Waikato. Peter Freyberg led a new initiative that allowed students to complete a three year Teachers’ College Diploma and move on to complete a fourth year Bachelor of Education ( B.ed ). He was also instrumental in the establishment of the internationally regarded Science Education Research Unit. The Scholarship was established in 1985 with donations from friends and colleagues of the late Emeritus Professor Peter Freyberg.
Peter Freyberg Memorial Fund Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for consideration, the applicants must:
- be a qualified teacher
- may, or may not, be currently registered with the Education Council ( New Zealand ) for teaching in New Zealand
- be enrolled part- or full-time in a Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) or Part 2 of the Doctor of Education ( EdD ) in the Faculty of Education: and
- have not previously received this Scholarship
Preference will be given to applicants who have gained confirmed enrolment status ( i.e. have completed the conditional enrolment period of six to twelve months ).
This Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents or international students
The value of the Scholarship will be up to $5,000 and will be paid in the form of a cheque.
Peter Freyberg Memorial Fund Scholarship Application form
The closing date for applications is 1st November, 2017.
Along with completing the online application form, each applicant must submit:
- a one-page outline of their ( proposed ) research topic;
- an academic reference; and,
- verified copies of academic transcripts ( including grading scale ) from any other tertiary institution(s) attended.
Peter Freyberg Memorial Fund Scholarship Selection Criteria
The Scholarship will be offered on the academic achievements of applicants, and their research topics. Preference will be given to applicants conducting research related to curriculum development and teacher effectiveness.
Application deadline : 1st November, 2017
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.