Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship, New Zealand
Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship, Research
Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship was established in 2005 and is financed by the Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia (PSEA) to encourage the advancement of, and research and teaching in, the Philosophy of Education.
Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship is designed to further the interests of the Society by encouraging doctoral students to engage with philosophical issues in education, and to recognise and support philosophical research in the wider field of education.
The successful recipient will become a member of PESA and will be expected to present a paper at the Society’s annual conference.
Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship Selection Process :
- Application is made to the Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia (www.pesa.org.au).
- A Selection Committee assesses the applications.
- Two Scholarships may be awarded each year.
1. The Scholarship shall be known as the Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship.
2. Two non – renewable Scholarships may be awarded per year, each to a value of AUD $ 10,000.
3. The Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship is not related to the recipient’s level of income and may be taken up in addition to other awards.
4. The Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship is tenable by students resident in either Australia or New Zealand and enrolled fulltime in a recognised doctoral programme in either country.
5. Proposals will be considered from the various sub – disciplines in Education, from the Arts, and Sciences, as well as from professional educators, as long as the research is germane to the ongoing conversations and dialogues of educational philosophy.
6. The research design and methodology may cover theoretical, empirical, and substantive considerations, but it needs to contribute to philosophical debate in the field of education.
7. To ensure adequate philosophical supervision, the candidate’s main supervisor must be someone who by virtue of qualifications, experience, research knowledge or chosen profession would be eligible for full membership of PESA, as per the Society rues (www.pesa.org.au).
8. The basis of selection will be academic merit, taking into account
- academic progress;
- Curriculum Vitae and publication record;
- alignment of proposed research with Regulations 5, 6, and 7 above; and
- an equitable distribution between Australian and New Zealand applicants.
9. The Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship will be awarded by a selection committee appointed by the PESA Executive.
10. The student awarded a Scholarship shall
- attend the Annual PESA Conference and present a paper refereed for that Conference; and
- present a satisfactory progress report to the PESA secretary 12 months after the award of the scholarship.
11. The Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia Scholarship’s emolument will be paid in two equal instalments, on completion of each of the requirements of Regulation 10 above.
12. The PESA Executive has power to terminate or suspend a Scholarship, if it receives an unsatisfactory report on the progress of a scholar from his / her supervisor, director or head of academic unit.
13. In the event of there being no suitable applicants, the Scholarship will not be offered in any year.
Application Deadline : 31st March 2011.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.