Biotechnology Courses & Institutes in IndiaCareer Course »
Biotechnology is a multi – disciplinary area in the educational scene and programs have been developed to meet the growing demand for trained manpower for any meaningful biotechnology activity in the country.
The programs are designed to expose the students to the most recent and exciting developments in the area of genetic engineering and biotechnology and their exploitation in industry, agriculture and medicine.
Jawaharlal Nehru University conducted Combined Entrance Examination (JNU CBEE) for Biotechnology Programs.
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi – 110 067.
On behalf of the participating Universities, holds JNU Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination, During May, for JNU admission to:
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Agriculture / MV.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Tech Biotechnology
JNU Entrance Examination Centres:
|Date||Subjects||Reporting Time||Test Timings|
|21.05.2011 ( Saturday )||Physics||12.30 P.M.||02.00 P.M. to 05.00 P.M.|
(These centres are subject to change by JNU University Centre for Biotechnology Delhi, from Year to Year).
Eligibility for MSc Biotechnology:
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary & Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering Technology, 4 – Year BSc., (Physician Assistant Course). (or)
- Medicine (MBBS) (or) BDS with at least 55% marks.
Eligible Candidate to apply for M.Sc in Biotechnology program being JNU Courses offered at:
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Annamalai University, Tamilnadu
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Calicut University, Kerela
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
- Goa University Goa
- Gujrat University Ahmedabad
- Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
- Guru Jambheswar University, Hisar
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- University of Jammu, Jammu
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Kumaun University, Nainital
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- M.S. University of Baroda, Baroda
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- Nagpur University Nagpur
- University of North Bengal, Siliguri
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- University of Pune, Pune
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- Sardar Patel University, Gujarat
- Tezpur University, Tezpur, assam
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
- Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar
MSc Agri Veterinary / M.V.Sc. / M.S.sc Biotechnology:
MSc. (Agri) Biotechnology Program being JNU Courses offered by:
- Ch.Sarwan Kumar HP Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University Raipur
- Marathwada Agricultural University Parbhani (Maharashtra)
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology Bhubaneshwar
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Coimbatore
- G.B. University of Agriculture & Technology Pant Nagar
M.Sc Agriculture and M.V.Sc. Biotechnology program at G.B. Pant University of Agri & Technology, Pant Nagar.
Eligibility for M.Sc Agriculture:
- Ch. Sarwan Kumar HP Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Palampur: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Horticulture / Forestry with a minimum OGPA of 2.70 / 4.00 or 6.00 / 10.00 or its equivalent from a recognized University. (or)
- A degree from a foreign University recognized as equivalent for the purpose (with at least ‘B’ grade or its equivalent).
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology Pant Nagar: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 / 5 pattern of education in Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture of Forestry with at least 55% marks from a recognized University.
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University Raipur: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Veterinary, Dairy Technology, Horticulture, Forestry, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized University.
- Marathwada Agricultural University Parbhani: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 pattern of education in Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade from a recognized University.
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology Bhubaneshwar: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 pattern of education in Agriculture, Horticulture, (or) Agriculture Engineering with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade from a recognized University.
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Coimbatore: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 pattern of education in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry (or) Agricultural Engineering, with at least 70% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized University.
MTech in Biotechnology in India
JNU MTech Biotechnology Courses offered at Anna University, Chennai (T.N.) & West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata.
Eligibility for M.V.Sc. Biotechnology:
- Minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade in any one: B.Tech / B.E. in Chemical / Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering. (or)
- M.Sc. in Life Science, Biotechnology, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Chemistry, Biophysics, of B.Pharma.
Reservation for JNU CBEE
- 15%, 7 ½ % and 3% of seats are reserved for SC, ST and Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates respectively.
- SC / ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination.
Application form can be had from the following address:
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi – 110 067.
- Issue of forms: February.
- Last Date: April.
- Entrance Exam: May.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.