AMIE IEI Computer Science and Engineering SyllabusEngineering Entrance Exam » AMIE »
AMIE Computer Science and Engineering Syllabus 2021
Management and Organisations
- Management process : Definition, planning organizing, directing, controlling, coordinating, types of management.
- Organisation Definition, planning, design and development, types of organizations.
- Management planning and control : Classical, new classical and modern principles. General Management, scientific management, engineering, management, systems management.
- Planning : Procedures, resources and constraints, objectives, goals, policies and procedures.
- Control : Setting of reference or standards, appraisal or evaluation, monitoring and controlling, types of control.
- Human resource planning and management, selection, recruitment, training, retraining, skill development, competence development, promotion and career development, participative management, trade unions, and collective bargaining.
Management of Physical Resources
- Plant : site selection procedures, factors affecting selection. Layout – types and relative merits and demerits, Maintenance – Objectives, different types of associated decisions, strategies for effective maintenance, computer applications.
- Material : Functions, objectives, planning and control including inventory models with or without storage costs, price break ( excluding dynamic and probabilistic considerations ). Different classes of inventory. Material Requirement Planning ( MRP ).
- Financial management : Introduction to standard forms of financial statements, ie., balancesheet, profit and loss, and income statement. Fixed and current asset items. Fixed and current liability items. Linkage of two successive balance – sheets through income or profit and loss statement. Funds flow statement. Financial ratios and their implications.
- Managerial economics : Concepts, theory of production, marginal productivity and cost. Introduction to theory of firm.
- Quality management : Quality definition, quality planning, quality control and quality management, Total quality management, ISO 9000 systems, simple quality control techniques like control charts and acceptance sampling.
- Marketing management : consumer behavior, market research, product design and development pricing and promotion.
- Project management : Introduction. Concept of a project, project management concepts, project simulation, cost or project and means of financing, economic evaluation criteria of the project, project implementation, project planning, scheduling and monitoring, project control ( PERT, CPM techniques including crashing ). Project evaluation.
- Information technology and management : Role of information, management information system and decision support system, Information technology – introduction to e – business, e-commerce and integration tools like enterprise resource planning ( ERP ).
- Time and space analysis of algorithms. Order notation.
- Linear data structures : Sequential representations : Arrays and lists, stacks, queues and dequeues; strings and their applications.
- Linked representations : Linear linked list, circular linked list, doubly linked list and their applications. Recursion : Design of recursive algorithms. Tail recursion, when not to use recursion, removal of recursion.
- Nonlinear data structures : Trees, binary trees, traversals and threads, binary search trees, insertion and deletion algorithms, height – balanced and weight – balanced trees, B – trees, B+ trees, application of trees.
- Graph representation : Breadth first search, depth first search. Hashing, hashing functions, collision resolving techniques. Sorting and searching algorithms, bubble sort, selection sort, insertion sort, quick sort, merge sort, heapsort, radix sort.
- File structures : Sequential and direct access, relative files, indexed files – B+tree as index, multi – indexed files, inverted files, hashed files.
- Principles of high – level language programming, file structure and file handling, block structured languages, design principles, abstractions, control and data Structures, binding, parameter passing mechanism.
- LISP : Overviews of LISP functions, conditions, arithmetic, recursion, iteration, application of LISP in, artificial intelligence problems.
- C language : Fundamentals of C, types, operators and expressions, control flow, C – functions, recursion, pointers and arrays, structures, common line arguments, unions, Bitwise operators : file handling in C.
- C++ : Overview of C+ +, class and objects, arrays of objects, operator overloading, concepts of inheritance, base class, derived class, multilevel inheritance, nesting of classes, file concepts, library functions, streams, templates.
- Java : Features of Java, Java arrays, two – dimensional array, multidimensional arrays, Java files, file I / O and streams, event – driven programming, events and applets, passing parameters to Applets. Examples.
Pulse and Digital Circuits
- Combinational Logic : Boolean algebra : Introduction, postulates of Boolean algebra, fundamental theorems, uniqueness properties, laws of Boolean algebra, De Morgan’s theorem, the ( inclusion ) implication relation, bounds of Boolean algebra, duality in Boolean algebra, Boolean constants, variables and functions, two – valued Boolean algebra switching algebra, electronic gates and mechanical contacts.
- Boolean functions and logic operations : Introduction, the normal form, the canonical form, fundamental products and sums, disjunctive and conjunctive normal forms, binary, octal and hexadecimal, designations, self – dual functions, logical operations, NAND and NOR operations, EXCLUSIVE – OR operation, functionally complete sets.
- Minimization of switching functions : The Karnaugh map – introduction cubes and the Karnaugh map, prime cubes, maximum sum of products, minimum product of sums, don’t care forms, five – and six – variable maps, multiple output minimization.
- Tabular methods of minimization : Introduction, Quine – McCluskey algorithm, the dominance relation cyclic functions, the degree of adjacency and essential prime cubes.
- Logic synthesis of switching functions : Introduction, AND, OR and inverter networks, NAND and NOR networks, EXCLUSIVE – OR networks, multiplexers, read only memories, programmable logic arrays ( PLA ), PLA minimization, essential prime cube theorems, PLA folding.
- Reliable design and fault detection tests : Introduction, fault classes and models, fault diagnosis and testing, test generation, fault table method, path sensitization method, Boolean difference method, reliability through redundancy, hazards and hazard – free designs, quaded logic.
- Sequential Circuits : Introduction to synchronous sequential circuits, the finite – state model – basic definitions, the memory elements and their excitation functions – S – R flip – flop, J – K flip – flop, D flip – flop, T flip – flop, synthesis of synchronous sequential circuits.
- Capabilities, minimization and transformation of sequential machines, the finite – state model-further definitions, capabilities and limitations of finite – state machines, state equivalence and machine minimization, simplification of incompletely specified machines compatible states, the non – uniqueness of minimal machines, closed set of compatibles. The compatible graph and the merger table.
- Asynchronous sequential circuits : Fundamental mode circuits, synthesis, state assignments in asynchronous sequential circuits, pulse mode circuits.
- Finite state recognizers : Deterministic recognizers, transition graphs, converting non-deterministic into deterministic graphs, regular expressions, transition graphs recognizing regular sets, regular sets corresponding to transition graphs.
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.