AMIE IEI Syllabus for CSEEngineering Entrance Exam » AMIE »
AMIE Computer Science and Engineering Syllabus 2021
Database Management Systems
- Introduction : Database concepts, architecture, physical data organization, entity relationship, data models – network, hierarchical and relational.
- Relational model : Storage organization, relational algebra, relational calculus, query languages, functional dependencies, decomposition of relational schemes, query optimisation.
- Database Management System ( DBMS ) : Typical DBMS based on relational model, DDL, creating, editing, searching, sorting, relational operations, formatted report, etc.
- Features of a commercially available RDBMS as case study ( ORACLE ).
- Data administration. Processing system life cycle, security and integrity, office automation system.
- Introducing to parallel processing, architectural classification and techniques.
- Arithmetic and instruction pipelines, pipelining hazards and scheduling theory.
- Super scalar architectures, asynchronous pipelines.
- Interconnection networks—Hyper cubes, shuffle exchange, Tree, Mesh and Butterfly networks.
- Parallel algorithm for linear algebra, sorting, Fourier transform, systolic arrays, etc.
- Vector processors, shared memory multiprocessor systems.
- Data flow architectures – merits and demerits.
- Operating systems for parallel processors.
- Some case studies, namely, IBM 370, Cray X – MP, Cray 1, Cray 2, Cyber 205.
- Various graphic display devices and interactive devices.
- Line and curve drawing algorithms.
- Area filling—Scan line algorithm, seed fill algorithm, half toning.
- Two – dimensional transformation—translation, scaling, rotation.
- Windowing and clipping techniques.
- Three – dimensional graphics and transformations, reflections and viewing projections.
- Hidden line and hidden surfaces removal algorithms.
- Animation techniques.
Microprocessor and Micro Controllers
- Microprocessor architecture and microcomputer systems, memory systems, input and output devices. Number systems – binary, hexadecimal and BCD numbers, 2s complement and arithmetic operations.
- 8085 microprocessor architecture : Memory interfacing address decoding techniques, memory read and write operations. Memory map. Interfacing I / O devices – Memory – mapped I / O and I / O mapped I / O. Polled and interrupt modes of data transfer. 8085 interrupts, direct memory access. Introduction to 16 – bit microprocessor using 8086 as an example. Concept of debugger and MASM / T ASM for PC assembly language programming.
- Peripheral devices : 8255 programmable peripheral interface, 8253 programmable counter timer, serial communication with SID and SOD, 8251 programmable communication interface, 8259 programmable interrupt controller, keyboard and display devices.
- 8085 assembly language programming : 8085 instructions – addressing modes. Stack and subroutines. 8085 programmer’s model – CPU registers. Addition, subtraction and multiplication routines. Software delay and counting routines. Logical operations. Analog and digital I / O interface routines – ADC and DAC.
- Software development systems : Assemblers and cross assemblers.
- Microprocessor applications : Microprocessor based system design aids and trouble – shooting techniques.
- Introduction to microcontroller : Comparison of various microcontrollers. 8051 microcontroller architecture. Bi – directional data ports, internal ROM and RAM, counters / timers. Oscillator and clock.
- 8051 registers : Memory organisations – program memory and data memory, internal RAM and bit addressable memory, special functions, registers, memory map.
- External memory systems and I / O interface : Accessing external program memory, accessing external data memory, available I / O ports during external memory access. Alternate ports functions. Serial interface. 8051 interrupts. Power down modes.
- 8051 assembly language programming : 8051 instruction sets, addressing modes, bit level operations. Arithmetic routines, counting and timing under interrupt control, keyboard and display interface routines, accessing lookup tables.
- Software development systems : Assemblers and simulators. Microcontroller based system design and applications.
Pattern Recognition and Image Processing
- Hyperplane properties and decision functions. Minimum distance pattern classification with simple and multiple prototypes.
- Clustering : K means and isodata algorithm, pattern classification by likelihood functions, bayes classifier, learning and estimation of mean vector and covariance matrix.
- Trainable pattern classifier-Gradient technique, Robbins – Monre algorithm, potential functions and least mean square errors.
- Feature selection by entropy minimization, Karhuner – Lucke expansion and divergence maximization.
- Image representation, digitization, quantization, compression and coding.
- Transform for image processing, restoration enhancement, segmentation, thinning.
- Description of line and shape, statistical and syntactic models of image classification.
- Morphological methods of image analysis.
Theory of Computation
- Regular sets and regular expression, deterministic and non – deterministic and finite automata, equivalent finite automation of both. Minimization of states for deterministic finite automata.
- Chomsky hierarchy of grammars, equivalent context – free grammars.
- Chomsky normal form, recursiveness of context – sensitive grammar, syntax – directed translations.
- Pushdown automata, pumping lemma for context – free languages, automata for syntax – directed translations.
- Turing machines and its variants, universal luring machines, recursive functions and sets. Equivalence of recursive functions and computable functions.
- Complexity theory. Space complexity, time complexity, simulation of RAM by TM and its complexity, NP – completeness concepts and some standard NP – complete problems.
- Software project planning and management : Basic concepts of life cycles models, milestone, cost models, successive versions model, project structure, team structure. Empirical and heuristic estimation techniques.
- Requirement analysis : Specifications, algebraic axioms, regular expressions, decision tables, event tables, transition tables, FS mechanism, petri nets.
- Software design : Architectural and detailed design, abstraction, information hiding, modularity, concurrency, etc, coupling and cohesion, data How diagrams, structure charts, pseudo code, stepwise refinement, top – down and bottom – up programming.
- Test plan and implementation issues – structured coding, recursion, documentation.
- Modern programming language features : Typeless, strong type and pseudo strong type checking, user defined data types, data encapsulation, generic facilities,’ concurrency mechanism, object oriented concepts.
- Program verification and validation. Unit testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, formal verification.
- Software maintenance : Source code metrics, Halstead’s effort equation, cyclomatic metric.
- Reliability and software quality assurance.
- Software cost estimation.
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.