BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning SyllabusEngineering Entrance Exam » Bitsat »
BITSAT English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning Syllabus
This test is designed to assess the test takers’ general proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self – expression in real life situations and specifically to test the test takers’ knowledge of basic grammar, their vocabulary, their ability to read fast and comprehend, and also their ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
- Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns
- Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives
- Voice, Transformation
- Question tags, Phrasal verbs
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters, Homophones, Spelling
- Contextual meaning.
- Content / ideas
- Idioms / Phrases
- Reconstruction ( rewording )
- Paragraph Unity
- Linkers / Connectives
The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts. These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
- Analogy means correspondence. In the questions based on analogy, a particular relationship is given and another similar relationship has to be identified from the alternatives provided.
- Classification means to assort the items of a given group on the basis of certain common quality they possess and then spot the odd option out.
- Here series of numbers or letters are given and one is asked to either complete the series or find out the wrong part in the series.
Logical Deduction – Reading Passage
- Here a brief passage is given and based on the passage the candidate is required to identify the correct or incorrect logical conclusions.
- Here a chart or a table is given that is partially filled in and asks to complete it in accordance with the information given either in the chart / table or in the question.
- Here a certain pattern is given and generally a quarter is left blank. The candidate is required to identify the correct quarter from the given four alternatives.
Figure Formation and Analysis
- The candidate is required to analyze and form a figure from various given parts.
- It involves the analysis of a pattern that is formed when a folded piece of paper is cut into a definite design.
- In this more than one set of figures is given in the form of a matrix, all of them following the same rule. The candidate is required to follow the rule and identify the missing figure.
- Here a particular rule is given and it is required to select from the given sets of figures, a set of figures, which obeys the rule and forms the correct series.
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.