Delhi Technological University Entrance Exam – DTUEngineering Entrance Exam » DTU »
DTU Entrance Exam 2021
Delhi Technological University invites application for admission to B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs for the academic year 2021 – 2022.
DTU 2021 Programs Offered
The following B.Tech. ( Evening ) programs are offered by the University, leading to the B.Tech. ( Evening ) Degree of Delhi Technological University.
|Programmes||Branch Code||No. of Seats|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||CEEC||60|
*7 seats ( 3% of total seats ) are reserved for PWD category ( 4-GEN., 1-SC, 1-ST, 1-OBC )
DTU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The admission to B. Tech ( Evening ) program shall be made in two categories : DIRECT and SPONSORED.
- The candidate having three year regular diploma in any branch of Engineering for DIRECT category and relevant branch for SPONSORED category, awarded by any state board of technical education / diploma recognized by AICTE, Delhi with a minimum aggregate ( aggregate of all six semesters / three years ) of 55% ( 45% for SC / ST ) shall be eligible to take admission in B. Tech (Evening) Program being offered by DTU
- The candidates admitted under DIRECT category shall be allowed to seek campus placement through Training & Placement, DTU. However, the candidates admitted under SPONSORED category shall not be allowed to seek campus placement through Training & Placement, DTU.
- The admission under DIRECT category shall be available to candidates as per clause (1) without any requirement of experience and NOC from employer, However for the admission under SPONSORED category shall be available to the candidates having more than 5 year of experience in reputed organizations registered under company act or having valid TIN / GST No and located in the National Capital Territory of Delhi and contiguous industrial areas within 50 KM distance i.e. Bahadurgarh, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Sonepat, Gautam Buddha Nagar ( Noida & Gr. Noida ) and Gurugram. Such candidates have to submit NOC from the employer. The self sponsored candidates shall not be eligible for admission under Sponsored category.
- The condition of 5 year experience shall be determined by 1st September 2018
DTU 2021 Reservation of Seats
- The reservation in admission for all the B.Tech. ( Evening ) Programs for SC / ST / OBC shall be provided as per the policy of Government of Delhi approved by the Board of Management of DTU. 15%, 7.5%, and 27% of the total seats in each program are reserved for SC, ST and OBC category respectively during session 2018 – 2019. Candidates seeking admission under these categories must produce the SC / ST / OBC certificate issued by Government of NCT of Delhi. A list of approved authorities is given below :
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / I Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate ( Not below the rank of I Class Stipendiary Magistrate) / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub – divisional Officer of the area where candidate and / or his / her family normally reside.
- Administrator / Secretary to administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshadweep ).
- One seat in each program is reserved for employees of Delhi Technological University / Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology / ITIs / Polytechnics under the direct control of Department of Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi. Such candidates shall also appear in the Entrance Examination and compete amongst themselves for a seat in each branch. Candidates applying for staff seat should route their applications through the Registrar, DTU / Directorate of Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi in the case of Polytechnics / ITIs.
- 3% of the total seats in each program are reserved for person with disabilities candidates. These 3% reservations may be allocated as follows : 1% for persons with low vision of blindness, 1% for hearing impaired and 1% for those with Locomotor disabilities and /or cerebral palsy. Candidates seeking admission in PWD category shall have to appear before a medical board to be constituted by DTU.
- The seats belonging to General category will be filled as per open rank in the merit list.
- In case of seats reserved for SC candidates mentioned at (a) are not filled due to non availability of the candidates, the seats will be transferred to ST* candidates. Similarly the ST* seats will be transferred to SC candidates, if ST* candidates are not available for admission. However, even after interchanging the seats if neither SC nor ST* candidates are available for some reserved seats, then the seats will be treated as unreserved and will be filled by the open rank candidates. In case of seats reserved for OBC candidates mentioned at (a) are not filled due to non availability of the candidates, then the seats will be treated as unreserved and will be filled by the open rank candidates.*Reservation as per the policy of Govt. of Delhi shall be applicable.
- In case sufficient number of eligible candidates from the categories mentioned at (b) and (c) above are not available, then the seats will be treated as unreserved in the respective branches
- Please attach attested copies ( by Gazetted Officer ) of all original certificates and work experience certificates from the present and previous employers which fulfill your eligibility criteria. Applications without attested copies shall be summarily rejected without any intimation to applicants.
- No admission shall be made directly to the second or subsequent years of B.Tech ( Evening ) program.
Seat Matrix for DTU B.Tech. ( Evening ) Admissions 2021
|BRANCH||DIRECT : 40/Branch||SPONSORED: 20/Branch||TOTAL|
|Electronics & Communication||20||6||3||11||10||3||2||5||60|
DTU Exam Pattern 2021
DTU medium of examination shall be English. The relevant syllabi are given. The entrance test shall comprise of two papers of one and half hour ( 1½ Hours ) duration each. The first paper will be common to all candidates and second paper will be specific for respective programme. The test will comprise of only objective type of questions. Each question will have multiple ( four ) choices with one correct choice. Each correct answer will be awarded four marks, whereas one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
The Entrance Examination will be conducted as per the schedule below
|Date||Time||Duration||Mode of Examination|
|14th July, 2018||9.00 AM||2 hours||Written|
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.