VITEEE Mathematics SyllabusEngineering Entrance Exam » VITEEE »
VITEEE Mathematics Syllabus
1. Matrices and their Applications
- Adjoint, Inverse – Properties, Computation of Inverses, Solution of System of Linear Equations by Matrix Inversion Method.
- Rank of a Matrix – Elementary Transformation on a Matrix, Consistency of a System of Linear Equations, Cramer’s Rule, Non – Homogeneous Equations, Homogeneous Linear System and Rank Method.
- Solution of linear programming problems ( LPP ) in two variables.
2. Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Definition, range, domain, principal value branch, graphs of inverse trigonometric functions and their elementary properties.
- Complex Number System – Conjugate, Properties, Ordered Pair Representation.
- Modulus – Properties, Geometrical Representation, Polar Form, Principal Value, Conjugate, Sum, Difference, Product, Quotient, Vector Interpretation, Solutions of Polynomial Equations, De Moivre’s Theorem and its Applications.
- Roots of a Complex Number – nth Roots, Cube Roots, Fourth Roots.
3. Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Definition of a Conic – General Equation of a Conic, Classification with Respect to the General Equation of a Conic, Classification of Conics with Respect to Eccentricity.
- Equations of Conic Sections ( Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola ) in Standard Forms and General Forms – Directrix, Focus and Latus Rectum – Parametric Form of Conics and Chords. – Tangents and Normals – Cartesian Form and Parametric Form – Equation of Chord of Contact of Tangents From a Point ( x1 , y1 ) to all the above said Curves.
- Asymptotes, Rectangular Hyperbola – Standard Equation of a Rectangular Hyperbola.
4. Vector Algebra
- Scalar Product – Angle between Two Vectors, Properties of Scalar Product, Applications of Dot Products. Vector Product, Right Handed and Left Handed Systems, Properties of Vector Product, Applications of Cross Product.
- Product of Three Vectors – Scalar Triple Product, Properties of Scalar Triple Product, Vector Triple Product, Vector Product of Four Vectors, Scalar Product of Four Vectors.
5. Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Direction Cosines – Direction Ratios – Equation of a Straight Line Passing through a given Point and Parallel to a given Line, Passing Through Two Given Points, Angle between Two Lines.
- Planes – Equation of a Plane, Passing through a given Point and Perpendicular to a Line, given the Distance From the Origin and Unit Normal, Passing through a given Point and Parallel to Two given Lines, Passing through Two given Points and Parallel to a Given Line, Passing through Three given Non – Collinear Points, Passing through the Line of Intersection of Two given Planes, The Distance between a Point and a Plane, The Plane which Contains Two given Lines ( Co – Planar Lines ), Angle between a Line and a Plane.
- Skew Lines – Shortest Distance between Two Lines, Condition for Two Lines to Intersect, Point of Intersection, Collinearity of Three Points.
- Sphere – Equation of the Sphere whose Centre and Radius are given, Equation of a Sphere when the Extremities of the Diameter are given.
6. Differential Calculus
- Limits, continuity and differentiability of functions – Derivative as a rate of Change, Velocity, Acceleration, Related Rates, Derivative as a Measure of Slope, Tangent, Normal and Angle between Curves.
- Mean Value Theorem – Rolle’s Theorem, Lagrange Mean Value Theorem, Taylor’s and Maclaurin’s Series, L’ Hospital’s Rule, Stationary Points, Increasing, Decreasing, Maxima, Minima, Concavity, Convexity and Points of Inflexion.
- Errors and Approximations – Absolute, Relative, Percentage Errors – Curve Tracing, Partial Derivatives, Euler’s Theorem.
7. Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Simple Definite Integrals – Fundamental Theorems of Calculus, Properties of Definite Integrals.
- Reduction Formulae – Reduction Formulae for ∫ sinn xdx and ∫ cosn xdx, Bernoulli’s Formula.
- Area of Bounded Regions, Length of the Curve.
8. Differential Equations
- Differential Equations – Formation of Differential Equations, Order and Degree, Solving Differential Equations ( 1st Order ), Variables Separable, Homogeneous and Linear Equations.
- Second Order Linear Differential Equations – Second Order Linear Differential Equations with Constant Co – Efficients, Finding the Particular Integral if f (x) = emx, sin mx, cos mx, x, x2.
9. Probability Distributions
- Probability – Axioms – Addition Law – Conditional Probability – Multiplicative Law – Baye’s Theorem – Random Variable – Probability Density Function, Distribution Function, Mathematical Expectation, Variance.
- Theoretical Distributions – Discrete Distributions, Binomial, Poisson Distributions – Continuous Distributions, Normal Distribution.
10. Discrete Mathematics
- Functions – Relations – Basics of counting.
- Mathematical Logic – Logical Statements, Connectives, Truth Tables, Logical Equivalence, Tautology, Contradiction.
- Groups – Binary Operations, Semigroups, Monoids, Groups, Order of a Group, Order of an Element., Properties of Groups.
Online Application 14 December 2020 to 21 January 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.