CEED 2021 Syllabus
CEED 2021 will be in two parts. Part A will have questions related to these topics
- Visualization and spatial ability : Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and social awareness : General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning : Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and creativity : Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving : Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and design sensitivity : Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Part B of CEED 2021 will have questions related to these topics
- Drawing : Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity : Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication skills : Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills : Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc.
CEED 2021 is an aptitude test and hence no specific text book or guide is recommended for its preparation. The candidates may however practice their drawing, rendering and visualization skills. Question papers of some of the previous years are available on the CEED website.
CEED 2021 Results
CEED Exam Date
CEED Entrance Exam will be conducted on 17th January, 2021.
CEED Result Date
CEED Entrance Exam Result will be declared on 08th March, 2021.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.