HPU Post Basic Nursing Entrance Exam 2021
Himachal Pradesh University, invites applications for Admission to 2 years Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course ( Female Candidates Only ) in Government / Private Nursing Colleges in Himachal Pradesh through Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test – 2021 for the academic Session 2021 – 2022.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2021
Admission to Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for which the female candidates only are eligible subject to fulfillment of the following conditions
- The candidates should be registered as registered Nurse / Midwife ( RN / RM ) with H.P. State Nurses Registration Council, Shimla at the time of counseling. Provided further that the candidates belonging to another states of the country should be registered in their respective State Nurses Registration Council and at the time of Counseling, they must produced NOC for pursuing their higher studies outside the state from the Regsitrar of the concerned State Registration Council.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 and its equivalent examination from recognized Board / University established by Law in India with minimum 40% aggregate marks. For SC / ST / OBC candidates the required percentage of aggregate marks will be 35%
- The candidate must have obtained 50% marks in General Nursing & Midwifery from the School / Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council / Himachal Pradesh Nurses Registration Council.
- The distribution of seats between In-Service and Direct candidates will be made in the ratio of 70:30. However, 200 point vertical reservation roster will be applied afresh for distribution of seats among General, SC, ST and OBC categories and no horizontal reservation roster will be applied.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Exam Centres 2021
The admission to the Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course shall be on the basis of a Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University at Shimla examination centre only on the date notified in the prospectus. The name and address of the examination centre will be communicated on the admit cards to be uploaded on the website by the University for appearing in the Entrance Test. Examination Centre once allotted to the candidate will not be changed. However, University reserves the right to allot any centre in view of exigencies.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Syllabus & Pattern 2021
HPU Post Basic Nursing examination shall consists of one written paper only in the subjects mentioned hereunder in accordance with the syllabi of GNM studies. The medium of examination shall be English. The question paper will be objective ( MCQ ) type.
There will be only 4 ( Four ) options in each question i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which one of the option will be the correct. Total questions will be 150 ( one hundred fifty ). Each question will carry 1 ( one ) mark. The duration of the Entrance Test will be 2 ( two ) hours. There will be No Negative Marking for a wrong answer. The written test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as given below
|Sr.No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|(i)||Fundamentals of Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|(ii)||Medical surgical Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|(iii)||Psychiatric Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|(iv)||Paediatrics Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|(v)||Midwifery & Gynaecology||20||1 each(20)|
|(vi)||Community Health Nursing||20||1 each(20)|
|Anatomy & Physiology||10||1 each (10)|
|General Knowledge||5||1 each(5)|
|Total questions and marks||150||150|
HPU Post Basic Nursing Selection Process 2021
The selection of the candidates for Post -Basic B.Sc. Nursing course will be on the basis of the merit of the HPU entrance test. The minimum marks required for the selection will be 50% for candidates belonging to General category, 40% for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / OBC and 45% for General Physical Handicapped categories candidates.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Application Form 2021
- For General / OBC / OBC-PH Categories : ₹ 2000/-
- For SC / ST Categories : ₹ 1000/-
Procedure For Submission of Online Application Form
- Click on “Under Graduate” to access the list of programs.
- Before clicking on the programme please click on the instructions for filling online application form, a pdf file will be open kindly read carefully.
- Click on the program name for which you are willing to apply i.e. “Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing’.
- After clicking on the programme a pop up will be open for terms and conditions.
- Kindly check the terms and conditions. After that you will be redirected to personal information page.
- Online Entrance Application form has the following subsequent information
a) Personal Information
b) Education and Document Details
c) Application Summary
e) Submit application form.
- Please fill the personal information first. After filling up the personal information click on save button at the last of the page. System will generate the Unique Registration number along with password and the same will be send on the registered e-mail and on registered mobile number. Applicants are advice to note the same.
- After that you can continue and fill other required information ( steps b to e ) point 6 ( see above ) or logout from the application and login again with unique registration number and password to complete the application form.
- Applicants are required to fill their information in above mentioned web pages. All mandatory fields are marked with red star.
- After registration ( filling up personal information-Receiving of unique Registration number and password ), Click on “Under-Graduate” on the home page and Click on “Click here for Student Login”.
- Login with unique registration number along with password and you will get all the earlier submitted information in personal information page, now you have to complete the steps ( b to e ) of point 6 ( see above ).
- Candidates are required to fill all information required in different sections like Education and document details.
- Fill up the educational details and upload the related documents. Uploaded Photo and Signature should be as per specifications, kindly refer to section (A) at the starting of the document.
- To save the data please click on ‘Continue and Save’ button at the bottom of each screen
- Steps for making Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test Application fees payment.
- Failure to complete any of the step of online application form and payment of fee as per requirement of online process, final submission of online application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful all modes of payment.
- Generation of confirmation page confirms the correctness and final submission of application form. If confirmation page has not been generated, this means that application has not submitted successfully.
HPU Post Basic Nursing Important Dates 2021
HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2021 Exam Dates
Below are the important dates in regards to the HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2021 important events and dates:
|Registration process||September 2021|
|Submission of Application Form||October 2021|
|Application Correction||October 2021|
|Releasing of admit card||October 2021|
|Date of Entrance Exam||October 2021|
|Answer Key with Objection||October 2021|
|Merit list||November 2021|
|Ist Round of Counseling||December 2021|
|The date for joining the allotted college & course||December 2021|
|Date of 2nd Round of Counseling for filling up vacant seats||December 2021|
|Last date to admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason.||December 2021|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.