KEAM Seats Availability 2021
Merit seats against which the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations makes allotment are called ‘Government Seats’
- Government seats are available in all the Govt. and Aided Colleges
- The availability of Government seats in Self-financing Colleges run by institutions under
Govt. control and Private Self-financing colleges will be notified separately.
The seats set apart in the Aided institutions, to be filled up by the Managements concerned are called Management Seats.
I. Types of Reservation in Government / Aided / KAU / KVASU / KUFOS Colleges :
Out of the total seats available for the various courses, seats will be reserved for different categories.
1. Reservation for All India Quota for MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS Courses :
Fifteen percent of the total sanctioned seats in MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS Courses in Government Medical / Dental / Ayurveda / Homoeo Colleges in the State are set apart for the allotment of the candidates by the Director General of Health Services/AACCC, Government of India.
1.1. Reservation for All India Quota for MBBS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS Courses in Self-Financing Medical/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani colleges:-
Fifteen percent of the seats for the admission of students to MBBS/BAMS/BSMS/BUMS
Courses in Self-Financing Medical/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani Colleges in Kerala are set apart for
the allotment of candidates irrespective of their Domicile as per the rank list prepared by the
Commissioner for the Entrance Examinations on the basis of the rank obtained in the NEET-UG
2. Reservation for Nominees : These are the seats set apart for the nominees of the Government of India, Union Territories or other States for the various courses.
3. Reservation for Persons with Disabilities : Leaving the seats , three percent of the seats available for the state for allotment from the Entrance rank lists, for all the courses in all the Government and Aided colleges are reserved for the candidates with disabilities.
4. Special Reservation : These are the seats reserved for certain specific categories, for different courses.
5. Mandatory Reservation : Leaving the seats set apart for All India Quota, Government of India Nominees, Special reservations, Persons with Disabilities and Management Quota, the remaining Government seats for each course in Government / Aided / KAU / KVASU / KUFOS Colleges will be distributed as per the mandatory reservation principle as contemplated in G.O. ( P) 208 / 66 / Edn. Dated 2nd May, 1966, G.O ( Ms )No.95/08/SCSTDD Dated 6th Octomber, 2008, GO( Ms ) No. 10 / 2014 / BCDD Dated 23rd May, 2014 and as modified from time to time.
The percentage break – up of seats as per mandatory reservation is as follows
(A) State Merit (SM) – 50%
(B) Economically Weaker Sections in General Category (EWS) – 10%
(C) Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) – 30%
a. Ezhava (EZ) – 9%
b. Muslim (MU) – 8%
c. Other Backward Hindu (BH) – 3%
d. Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian (LA) – 3%
e. Dheevara and related communities (DV) – 2%
f. Viswakarma and related communities (VK) – 2%
g. Kusavan and related communities (KN) – 1%
h. Other Backward Christian (BX) – 1%
i. Kudumbi (KU) – 1%
(D) Scheduled Castes& Scheduled Tribes – 10%
a. Scheduled Castes (SC) – 8%
b. Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 2%
Note : As per GO( Ms ) No. 46 / 2015 / SCSTDD dated: 23rd June, 2015, the reservation pattern in Govt. Medical College, Palakkad ( Institute of Integrated Medical Sciences, Palakkad ) will be as follows: Scheduled Caste – 70%, Scheduled Tribe – 2%, General Merit – 13% and All India Quota- 15%.
- The total number of seats available for the different courses will be published prior to the commencement of CAP 2021.
Reservation of seats for Engineering Courses [ B.Tech. ]
- The number of seats reserved for Government of India Nominees, Reciprocal quota and Special reservation categories.
Reservation of seats for B.Arch. Course
- The number of seats reserved for Government of India Nominees and Special reservation categories.
Reservation of seats for KEAM MBBS & BDS Courses
a ) Reservation of seats under All India Quota
The seats reserved under All India Quota for MBBS and BDS Courses in Government Medical / Dental Colleges will be allotted by the Director General of Health Services, New Delhi, on the basis of the rank obtained in the NEET UG conducted by the CBSE, New Delhi.
b) Reservation of seats for Nominees
- Nominees of the Government of India : The Government of India, subject to the eligibility conditions will make Nominations to these seats. The distribution of seats under this category and other details in respect of MBBS / BDS courses.
- Nominees from Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands : These seats are reserved for the candidates of Kerala origin settled in the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Nominations to these seats will be made by the Administration of that Union Territory and the candidates must possess the requisite qualifications as provided .
- Nominees from Lakshadeep : Seats are reserved for the candidates of Kerala origin settled in Lakshadeep. The candidates should be sponsored by the Administration of that Union Territory and must possess the requisite qualifications
- Nominee from Jammu & Kashmir : One seat for MBBS will be reserved in a Govt. Medical College ( by rotation every year in the order TVM, ALP, KTM, TCM, KKM, MLP and CMC ) for a nominee from Jammu & Kashmir. Candidate to this seat should be sponsored by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir through the Higher Education Secretary of the State. This year, the seat will be reserved in Government T.D Medical College, Alappuzha.
Reservation of seats for BHMS Course : The number of seats reserved under nominees and special reservation categories.
Reservation of seats for BAMS Course : The number of seats reserved under nominees and special reservation categories.
Reservation of seats for Courses under the Kerala Agricultural University
[ BSc. ( Hons. ) Agri., BSc. (Hons.) Forestry, B.Tech. ( Agri. Engg. ), B.Tech. ( Food Engg. ) ],
Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University : [ BVSc & AH, B.Tech. ( DSc. & Tech. ) and B.Tech ( Food Technology ) ],
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies : BFSc, B.Tech ( Food Science & Technology ).
- The number of seats reserved for the various special reservation categories.
- The seats available for Agriculture, Veterinary and Fisheries courses will be filled only with the concerned category of candidates. If students are not available in the respective category, the seats will be filled from the General quota.
- One seat is reserved for Jewish Community, for one of the courses on rotation basis in the order of BSc. ( Hons. ) Agri., BVSc & AH, BSc. ( Hons. ) Forestry, B.Tech. ( Agri. Engg. ) and B.Tech. ( DSc. & Tech. ). This year the seat is reserved for BVSc & AH Course. One seat is reserved for Jewish Community, for BFSc Course.
Reservation of seats for B.Pharm course : The number of seats reserved for Government of India nominee and Special Reservation categories in B.Pharm Course
Types of reservation in Self financing Colleges : The reservation of seats in Self-financing Colleges run by institutions under Govt. control and Private Self-financing colleges will be notified separately.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.