My Journey : Transforming Dreams into Actions by Former President of India
My Journey : Transforming Dreams into Actions by former President of India, Dr Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam ( APJ Abdul Kalam, for short ) was launched in the month of August, 2013 by the Rupa Publication.
My Journey : Transforming Dreams into Action Book
The book focuses on series of anecdotes and profiles of determination, courage as well as desire to excel of APJ Abdul Kalam. In his book, Dr Kalam talked about lessons which he learnt from interaction with the people. The book describes about accounts of Dr Kalam in the small town nearby the Bay of Bengal. It also focuses on the struggles of the former president in becoming the scientist and then the President of India.
The book also contains a chapter detailing Mr. Kalam’s favourite books “which have always been close companions” who “were like friends” guiding him through life, listed the following books :
- Light from Many Lamps – Lilian Eishler Watson
- Man the Unknown – Nobel Laureate Alex Carrel
In his book, Dr Kalam wrote about his dejection as well as failures and that how he overcame these failures.
Poetry says Mr. Kalam has been “one of his first loves” and poems by T.S. Elliot, Lewis Carroll and William Butler Yeats has “played out in my over and over again”.
In conclusion, Mr. Kalam writes his life can be summed up as “Love poured to the child… struggle… more struggle… bitter tears… then sweet tears… and finally a life as beautiful and fulfilling as seeing the birth of the full moon.
“I hope these stories will help all my readers understand their dreams and compel them to work on these dreams that keep them awake,” he writes.
Features of My Journey : Transforming Dreams into Action Book
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam is among the most respected public figures of India. He authored various best – selling titles in India. My Journey : Transforming Dreams into Actions is yet another book written by him.
- My Journey : Transforming Dreams into Actions is first book authored by him which draws inspiration from the personal stories of his own life.
- The book describes about those events of his life which are not known to a lot of people.
- The book has an appeal for not just the old readers, but also the younger ones. The target audience is also the youth and students.
- The book primarily also describes that he wanted to be a part of Indian Air Force, but could not pursue his dream in flying career.
About Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Author of the Book
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15th October, 1931 at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu.
- He specialised in Aeronautical Engineering from Madras Institute of Technology.
- He is one among the most distinguished scientists of India.
- He is a recipient of numerous awards such as the Padma Bhushan ( 1981 ), the Padma Vibhushan ( 1990 ) and India’s highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna ( 1997 ).
- He became the 11th President of India on 25th July, 2002.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.