Planning Commission Finalized 2000 Crore Nagaland Plan for 2013 – 2014
The Annual Plan of 2000 crore for the financial year 2013 – 2014 was finalized for Nagaland on 27th May, 2013 by the Planning Commission of India. The plan size was finalized in a meeting between the Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia and Chief Minister of Nagaland, Neiphiu Rio.
During the 12th Five Year Plan, Nagaland is aimed to focus on development of the agricultural sector in the state as it carries a good potential of f006Coriculture and horticulture. To encourage growth of agriculture, the state needs better infrastructure and good connectivity via roads and in developing a better infrastructure ( accelerating road construction ), the planning commission will provide help to the state.
In past few years, the state has performed well and the human development index of the state indicates that the growth achieved by the state was all inclusive.
Planning Commission noticed Nagaland Achievemnts
- Despite late start, difficult mountainous terrain, backwardness of the area, significant progress and development has taken place since Statehood.
- Satisfactory progress has been made in construction of roads, village connectivity, primary / middle / high / higher secondary schools, and health facilities.
- In terms of Social Sector Development – the state has male and female literacy rates of 83.29 percent and 76.69 percent as against national average of 82.14 percent and 65.46 percent respectively as per the latest census 2011.
- Gender gap in literacy is almost 6.60 percent in the State.
- Overall literacy of Nagaland is 80.11 percent as against the national average of 74.04 percent in 2011 with Dropout Rate ( DOR ) at elementary level is 45.4 percent which is higher than the national average of 40.6 percent.
- Manufacturing sector of the state grew at 11.84 percent and registered sector grew at a rate of 34.16 percent. The Construction sector witnessed a growth of 11.38 percent and is fourth highest contributor at 13.33 percent of the GSDP.
States Focus during 12th Plan
The Chief Minister of Nagaland, Neiphiu Rio cleared that the state wants to be in tune with the National Approach.
1. The state has planned to look forward towards an inclusive economic growth and will lay an emphasis on Agriculture and allied sector, Power, connectivity including Air, Surface and Railway, Human Resources Development including Skill Development, Development of Backward and Under Development Areas and planned Urban centers.
2. The state has projected a growth rate of 10 percent during the 12th Plan period.
3. Growth forecast in the mining and quarrying sector is projected at 14.53 percent as the State intends to go in a full way to exploit the mineral resources. During the 11th Plan period the state achieved a growth rate if 7.44 percent with per capita income of 67430.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.