History of Imperial Bank of India :
- It was created in Jan 1921 by amalgamation of 3 presidency banks, viz., Bank of Bengal, Bank of Bombay and Bank of Madras.
- After nationalization in 1955, its name was changed to State Bank of India (SBI).
- It is the biggest commercial bank in the public sector of India.
- It has the largest number of branches in the world.
State Bank of India – SBI :
SBI has 7 subsidiaries. These are :
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Indore
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Saurashtra
- State Bank of Travancore
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.