Biography of G. K. VasanGeneral Knowledge »
G. K. Vasan, (born December 28, 1964) is a prominent Congress leader from Tamil Nadu.He did his schooling from the prestigious Madras Christian College Hr. Secondary School and later his graduation from the New college.
G. K. Vasan is the son of late Veteran Congress leader G K Moopanar who later formed his own political outfit in Tamil Nadu known as the Tamil Mannila Congress. After the demise of Thiru.G K Moopanar, the party unanimously elected G.K.Vasan as its leader.
After leading the party for some time, he merged his party with the Indian National Congress in the presence of its President Shrimati.Sonia Gandhi at Madurai. Shrimati. Sonia Gandhi named him as a Secretary of the party at the meeting itself. As of May 2009, Vasan is the Minister of Shipping.
- May 2009 onwards: cabinet minister for shipping
- Jan 2006 -May 2009 : Minister of State (Independent charge) of the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Oct 2004 – Jan 2006 : Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Urban Development
- Aug 2004 – Jan 2006 : Member, Committee on Coal and Steel
- Nov 2003 – Feb 2006 : President, Tamil Nadu Congress Committee
- June 2003 – July 2004 : Member, Committee on Subordinate Legislation
- Aug 2002 – Nov 2003 : Secretary, All India Congress Committee (A.I.C.C.)
- Jan 2003 – Feb 2004 : Member, Committee on Urban and Rural Development
- June 2002 – July 2004 : Member, Departmentally-Related Standing Committee on Urban and Rural Development
- May 2002 – Jan 2004 : Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Agriculture
- April 2002 : Elected to Rajya Sabha
- Aug 2001 – Aug 2002 : President, Tamil Maanila Congress (Moopanar)
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.