North America Continent Countries
- It is the third largest continent of the world. It is bounded by the Pacific Ocean on the West, Atlantic Ocean on the East, Arctic Ocean on the North and Caribbean Sea and Panama Canal in the South.
- Important mountain ranges are Alaska, Aleutian, Appalachians, Brooks, Cascade, Coast, Rockies, Sierra Nevada, Sierra Madre, etc.
- Highest peak is Mt. McKinley (6194 m.). Lowest Point is the Death Valley (86 m. below sea level).
- Largest lakes arranged from West to East are Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie and Ontario. Out of these, only Michigan lies entirely in USA. Others are shared by USA with Canada.
- Important rivers are Colorado, Columbia, Mackenzie, Mississippi, Missouri, St. Lawrence, etc.
- Important dam is the Hoover dam on Colorado River. It is the highest dam of the world.
- Area is 24,490,000 sq. km., which is about 16.5% of the world’s total land area.
- Population is more than 514,600,000
- Diverse climatic types are found in North America.
- Important languages are English, Spanish and French.
United States of America Continent
- It is the fourth largest country in area and third largest country in population in the world.
- Its capital is Washington DC. DC stands for District of Columbia. It is located on the bank of river Potomac.
- USA is divided into 50 States. The States in descending order of area are Alaska, Texas, California, Montana, etc.
- The smallest state is the Rhode Island.
- The most populous state is California.
- USA is the largest importer and consumer of oil.
- The rocket launching centre of USA is Cape Kennedy, Florida.
- The busiest airport of the USA is JF Kennedy Airport, New York.
- The driest and the hottest place in USA is Death Valley.
- Pittsburgh in USA is the Iron and Steel capital of the world.
- Detroit in USA is the Automobile capital of the world.
- Grand Canyon: It is made by the Colorado River in Arizona, According to the latest survey; Grand Canyon is the most visited place by the tourists in the world.
- It is the second largest country in area in the world.
- 49th parallel forms the boundary between Canada and USA. It is the longest boundary between any two countries.
- Canada has ten states and three federal territories.
- The capital of Canada is Ottawa.
- English and French are the official languages of Canada.
- Winnipeg, Great Bear, Great Slave and Reindeer are the important lakes of Canada.
- The largest province of Canada is Quebec, while the most populated one is Ontario.
- Toronto is the largest city of Canada.
- Canada is the largest producer of paper and pulp.
- The Sudbury mines in Canada are famous for lead, zinc and silver.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.