Tribal & Peasant Uprisings in History : : Social & Cultural Uprising
Chaura Risings : Between 1768 and 1832 in Naanbhum and Bada Bhum area in West Bengal.
Bhil Revolt : Between 1818 and 1848 in Western Ghats.
Ho Risings : In 1820, 1822 and 1832 in Singhbhum and Chhota Nagpur area.
Koli Risings : In 1824, 1827, 1839 and 1844 – 48 in the area near Western Ghats of Gujarat and Maharashtra.
Khasi Risings : In 1829 – 32 in Khasi mountain range in Assam and Meghalaya. Under Tirath Singh and Badmanik.
Singpo Revolt : In 1830 – 39 in Assam.
Kol Rising : Under Buddho Bhagat in 1831 – 32 in Chhota Nagpur area.
Khond Rising : Under Chakrabisai in 1846 – 48, 1855 and 1914 in Orissa’s Khondmal area.
Kachnag Revolt : Under Sambhudaan in 1882 in Chaachar area of Assam.
Bhil Rising : Under Govind Guru in Banswara and Dungapur area of South Rajasthan.
Oraon Revolt : Under Jatra Bhagat in 1914 – 15 in Chhota Nagpur area.
Tharo Kuki Risings : Under Jadonang and Rani Gaidinliu in 1917 – 19 in Manipur.
Chainchu Revolt : Under Hanumunthu in 1921-22 in Nallamala range of Andhra Pradesh.
Santhal Revolt :
- Under Sado and Kanhu in 1855 – 57 in Rajmahal hills.
- Began primarily as a reaction against their exploitation by the outsiders ( esp. by people from plains ), developed into an anti – British movement.
- Fought the Britishers and too complete control of the area between Bhagalpur and Rajmahal, but were crushed.
Munda Revolt :
- Under Birsa Munda in 1899 – 1900 in Southern Ranchi.
- Birsa used to practice archery aiming at a statue of Queen Victoria.
Rampa Rebellion : Under Rajan Anatayya in1884 andAlluri Sitaram Raju in 1922 – 24 in Andhra Pradesh.
Ramosi Revolt : Under Vasudeo Balwant Fadke (called Robinhood of Maharashtra) in 1822 – 29 in Western Ghats.
Peasant Uprisings :
Moplah Rebellion 1921 :
- In Malabar region. Due to oppression and exploitation of the Muslim Moplah peasants of N. Kerala by the Hindu Zamindars (Jemmis) and British Government.
- Rifts started as early as 1836. Main revolt in August 1921.
Romasi Movement : UnderVasudev Balwant Padke in Maharashtra in 1879.
Pabna Revolt : In East Bengal’s Pabna district in 1872 – 76 due to oppression of peasantry by the zamindars.
Bijolia Rajasthan Movement : In Rajasthan in 1905, 1913, 1916, 1927 the movement arose due to the imposition of 86 different types of cesses on peasants.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.