IIT Delhi MSc Admission & Eligibility Details :
At least 55% aggregate marks(taking into account all subjects including languages and JAM subsidiaries, all years combined) for General category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC / ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
For Candidates with letter grades / CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).
For M.Sc. (Chemistry)
Bachelor’s degree with Chemistry as a subject for three years / six semesters and Mathematics at (10+2) level.
For M. Sc. (Physics)
Bachelor’s degree with Physics as a subject for at least two years / four semesters and Mathematics for at least one year / two semesters.
For M.Sc. (Mathematics)
Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least two years / four semesters.
Selection Basis : JAM
IIT Delhi M. Tech. / M.S. (Research) / M.Des. Admission & Eligibility Details :
The Institute runs a number of M.Tech. and M.S. (Research) programmes offered by various Departments and Centres. M.Tech. and M.S.(R) programmes mainly differ in the fraction of course and project/thesis credits. M.Tech. progarmmes have 2/3rd credits for the coursework while MS(R) programmes have 2/3rd credits for the thesis component.
Some of these programmes are interdisciplinary programmes (IDP) where multiple academic units are involved in running of each of these programmes. Also in these IDPs, students with different backgrounds are eligible to be admitted to the programme.
IDPs are administered through a Programme Executive Committee or PEC. Master of Design (or M.Des. Programme) in Industrial Design is also offered as an Interdisciplinary Programme. IIT Delhi also offers a number of industry sponsored programmes.
In these programmes either industry supports full time students recruited by the Institute or sponsors their employees for the programme. In either case, regular Industry feedback is obtained to adopt and improve the curriculum to the needs of the industry. Industry sponsors also play a significant role in defining the projects.
IIT Delhi M Tech Eligibility : B.Tech. or M.Sc. degree holders of a particular discipline are eligible for admission to one or more programmes.
Program Duration : The minimum duration of M.Tech., M.S.(Research) and M.Des. programmes is 4 semesters (24 months) for full time and 6 semesters (36 months) for part time programs.
IIT Delhi M Tech Admission Schedule : Normally, M.Tech / MS(R) / M.Des. programmes are advertised in the month of March each year in the Employment news as well as in leading newspapers and admissions are carried out in the month of May. MS(R) programmes are also advertised in the month of October followed by admissions in December.
Further, just like Ph.D, admission to MS(R) programmes is possible any time in the year through DRC / CRC / PEC. They can be allowed to join any time though the course registration in such cases will be possible only at the beginning of the next semester.
Candidates seeking admission under this clause must fulfill the required academic qualification / experience at the time of interview. They must also join within 4 weeks after the issue of admission offer unless specifically permitted to do so. Admission is subject to vacancy being available in the relevant specializations.
Part Time Programs : IIT Delhi offers most of its M.Tech. / MS(R) programmes in the part time mode for working professionals. They are expected to complete their credit requirements in six semesters (maximum of ten semesters) by registering for a lower load than full time students in each semester.
Departments / Centres offer most of the core courses between 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM to enable these working professions to attend classes as well as continue with their full time employment.
Please note it may not always be feasible to slot all courses of the programme in the morning and those candidates applying for part time programs should be flexible to take courses at other times if required.
A. Minimum qualifications and procedure for admission to Full Time M.Tech. / MS(R) / M.Des. Programs :
The following table defines the minimum qualifications required for admission to full time M.Tech. / MS(R) / M.Des programmes at IIT Delhi for General / OBC (Non-creamy Layer) category students.
1. These are Institute minimum requirements and any Department / Centre operating through their DRC/CRC/PEC can specify higher short-listing criteria than what is specified here.
2. This Table includes many degrees for eligibility but each DRC / CRC / PEC is free to specify the qualifying degree disciplines as well as GATE disciplines acceptable for admission to their programmes.
3. Admission to M.Tech / MS(R) / M.Des programmes are carried out by first short-listing the eligible candidates (meeting the minimum performance in their qualifying degree Column 3) and scoring above a GATE cutoff specified for that programme and then interviewing them at IIT Delhi.
4. DRC / CRC / PEC is empowered to offer direct admission for M.Tech. / MS(R) programmes without interview to exceptionally meritorious students. The minimum performance required by such candidates is listed in row 2 of Table. This is the Institute minimum and again DRC / CRC / PEC is free to set higher eligibility criteria for direct admissions without interview. DRC / CRC / PEC may decide not to offer any direct admissions without interviews.
5. Candidates in the final year of their programmes and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before third week of July 2010 are eligible to apply for admission.
For short-listing purposes, their performance till the preceding semester (preceding year if their programmes are year based) would be considered but their admission would be subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced.
|Andhra Pradesh University East Godavari District|
|Government BEd Colleges|
|S.G.S. Government. I A S E, Rajahmundry|
|Private Unaided Co - Education College|
|Sri Kshana Mukteswara College of Education, Mukteswaram||Sri Konaseema Bhanoji Ramars College of Education, Amalapuram||Minerva College of Education, Prathipadu||Elim College of Education, Amalapuram|
|St. John's College of Education, Rajahmundry||G.B.R. College of Education, Anaparthy||Little Rose College of Eudcation, Draksharamam||Gandhi Centenary College of Education, Kakinada|
|Smt Barre Subhalakshmi Ratnam College of Education, Gokavaram||Bennaiah Christian College of Education, Burugupudi||St. Joseph's College of Education, Rajahmundry||Lenora College of Education, Rampachodavaram|
|Siddardha College of Education, Tuni||Sri Venkata Ramana College of Education, Ravulapalem||Kakinada College of Education, Kakinada||Bethany College of Education, Ravulapalem|
|Mother's Integral College of Education, Aryavatam||S.R.N.M. College of Education, Rajahmundry||SKML College of Education, Kakinada||Divya College of Education, Rajanagaram|
|Hanna College of Education, Gokavaram||Mother College of Education, Jagannadhapuram||Srinivasa College of Education, Peddapuram||V.V.S. College of Education, Uppada Kothapalli|
|G.K.R.V. Degree & PG College, Rajahmundry||Sai College of Education, Kakinada||Sri Sai Adtiya College of Education, Kakinada||Pragathi College of Education, Kakinada|
|Venkata Ramana College of Education, Rajahmundry||Aditya College of Education, Kakinada||Sattiraju Sesharatnam College of Education, Kothapeta||Venkateswara College of Education, Machavaram(V)|
|Private Unaided Women B.Ed. Colleges|
|Smt. Addepalli Mahalakshmi Devi College of Education for Women, Rajahmundry||Vidyawan College of Education for Women, Kakinada|
|Private Unaided Christian Minority BEd Colleges|
|St. Mary's College of Education, Kakinada||Miriam College of Education, Amalapuram||Nehru Memorial Ex-Serviceman College of Education, Peddapuram||Miriam College of Education, Amalapuram|
|Under Graduate Colleges|
|Government Under Graduate Co-Education Colleges|
|Government Degree College, Rajahmundry||P.R. Government Degree College, Kakinada||Government Degree College, Razole||V.K.V. Government Degree College, Kothapeta|
|T.T.S.C.G & T.T.C.M.A Government Degree College, Tuni||Government Degree College, Ravulapalem||Government Degree College, Seethanagaram||Government Degree College, Rampachodavaram|
|Government Degree College, Mandapeta||S.V.V.S.S. Devasthanam Degree College, Annavaram|
|Government Under Graduate Women Colleges|
|A.S. Government Degree College for Women, Kakinada|
|Private Aided Under Graduate Co-Education Colleges|
|S.K.B.R. Degree College, Amalapuram||S.R.V.B.S.J.B. Maha Ranee College, Peddapuram||M.S.N. Degree College, Kakinada||M.V.N.J.S. & R.V.R. Degree College, Malikipuram|
|S.K.V.T. Degree College, Rajahmundry||Ideal Degree College, Kakinada|
|Private Aided Under Graduate Women Colleges|
|Smt. Kandukuri Rajyalakshmi College for Women, Rajahmundry|
|Private Unaided Under Graduate Co - Education Colleges|
|VSM Degree College, Ramachandrapuram||P.V.R. Trust Degree College, Kakinada||G.B.R. Degree College, Anaparthy||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Management & Sciences, Kakinada|
|Rajiv Gandhi Degree College, Rajahmundry||D.L. Reddy College, Gollalamamidada||Dr. K.V.R.D. & Smt. G.J.V.R.S. Degree College, Munganda||Suryaraya Degree College, Pithapuram|
|Spaces Degree College, Tuni||Neethipudi Ganapathi Rao (NGR) Degree College, Nagaram||Mahatma Gandhi Degree College, Atreyapuram||S.D.V.R.R. Degree College, Kolanka|
|P.E.S. Degree College, Jaggampeta||Smt. Dasari Aravalamma Degree College, Korukonda||Ln. G.V. Rao Modern Degree College, Ramachandrapuram||Smt. Barrie Subbalaxmi Ratnam (BSR) Degree College, Rampachodavaram|
|Andhra Kesari Degree College, Rajahmundry||V.S. Reddy Rural Degree College, Rayavaram||Chaitanya Degree College, Kakinada||Jaya Chandra (JC) Degree College, Maredubaka|
|Miriam Degree College, Amalapuram||Avanthi Degree College, Rajahmundry||Sri Shiridi Sai Degree College, Mummidivaram||Sri Pothula Veera Swamy Degree College (SPVS), Pithapuram|
|G.K.R.V.M. Degree College, Rajahmundry||Smt. J.B. Degree College, Rajahmundry||Lamp Degree College, Mummidivaram||Siddardha Degree College, Tuni|
|Godavari Degree College, Rajahmundry||Minerva Degree College, Prattipadu||Aditya Degree College, Kakinada||Chaitanya Degree College, Razole|
|H.I.S. Degree College, Addateegala||All - Ameer Institute of Management & Technology, Rajahmundry||Mother Degree College, Kotananduru||Sri Raja Rajeswari Degree College, Peddapuram|
|Smt. Sakunthala Devi Degree College, I.Polavaram||Smt. Basava Mangayamma Memorial Degree College, Allavaram||Velangi Degree College, Velangi||P.S.N. Murthy Degree College, Gollaprolu|
|Little Rose Degree College, Draksharama||Sri Nadimpalli Suryanarayana Raju Degree College, Ravulapalem||The Amalapuram Degree College, Amalapuram||Aditya Degree College, Tatipaka|
|Smt. Alluru Varahalamma Memorial Education Society, Sakhinetipalli||Sri Sai Madhavi Degree College, Mallampudi Thokada||Adarsa Degree College, Kakinada||Aditya Degree College, Rajahmundry|
|Chakravarthula Bhaskara Rao ( CBR ) Degree College, Pithapuram||Pragathi Degree College, Kakinada||Moturi Subrahmanyam Sitayamma Degree College, Uppalaguptam||Smt. Veera Satyanarayanamma Degree College, Razole|
|Harvard Degree College, Thondangi||Mohan Degree College, Kakinada||Vignan Institute of Science & Arts, Mandapeta||A.V.R. and V.P.R. Degree College, Mandapeta|
|Sri Sai Santinikethan Degree College, Ramachandrapuram||Sri Venkateswara College of Arts & Science, Amalapuram||Grace Degree College, Gannavaram||Siddhardha Degree College, Katrenikona|
|Sri Sai Madhavi Degree College, Anaparthi||Sri Raghavendra Degree College, Alamuru||Sree Siddhartha Degree College, Kapileswarapuram||V.V.S. Degree College, U.Kothapalli|
|Deepthi Degree College, Mamidikurudu||B.S.R. Degree College, Peddapuram||Sathabdhi Degree College, Kothapeta||Sree Vidyaa Degree College, Ramachandrapuram|
|V.S.L. Degree College, Kakinada||Raman Degree College, Razole||Amrutha Arts & Science Degree College, Malikipuram||Sri Kadali Narayana Murthy Degree College, Malikipuram|
|Pragyna Degree College, Kakinada||S.N.M. Degree College, Ambajipeta||Rankireddy Pattabhi Ramaiah Degree College, Ambajipeta||Sri Kolla Veera Swamy Degree College, Gokavaram|
|Smt. B.S.R. Degree College, Gokavaram||Sri Varupala Surya Rao Degree College, Yelleswaram||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Degree College, Ravulapalem||Pratibha Degree College, Kajukuru|
|Sri Venkata Sai Degree College, Kirlampudi||Yerramsetti Rajyalakshmi College of Arts, Science & Technology||P.S.R. Murthy Degree College, Gollapalem||Smt. Sumathi Memorial Degree College, Rajavommangi|
|Sri Ravi Degree College, Sunkarapalem, Tallarevu||Vinuthna Degree College, Rajavommangi|
|Private Unaided Under Graduate Women Colleges|
|A.S.N. Degree College for Women, Amalapuram||V.S. Lakshmi Women's Degree College & P.G. College, Kakinada||Rajahmahendri Degree College for Women, Rajahmundry||Lutheran Degree College for Women, Rajahmundry|
|Smt. R.N. Memorial Degree College for Women, Rajahmundry||Aditya Degree College for Women, Kakinada||Sir Dr. R.B.R.V.R.N. Educational Academy Mahila Degree College, Mummidivaram||Sri Padmavathi Mahila Degree College, Tatipaka|
|Aditya Degree College for Women, Rajahmundry||Modern Degree College for Women, Ramachandrapuram||Sri Deepthi Mahila Degree College, Malikipuram|
|Private Aided Oriental Colleges|
|Andhra Women's Sanskrit College, Rajahmundry|
|Government Co - Education Colleges|
|Government Degree College, Rajahmundry||Government Degree College, Tuni||P.R. Government Degree College, Kakinada|
|Private Aided Co - Education Colleges|
|S.K.B.R. Degee College, Amalapuram||M.V.N.JS. & R.V.R. College of Arts & Science, Malikipuram||S.K.V.T. College, Rajahmundry|
|Private Unaided Co - Education Colleges|
|V.S.M. College, Ramachandrapuram||G.B.R. Degree College, Anaparthi||D.L. Reddy Degree College, Gollala Mamidada||Rajiv Gandhi Degree College, Rajahmundry|
|Ideal College of Ats & Sceinces, Kakinada||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Management & Science, Kakinada||P.V.R. Trust Degree College, Kakinada||Chaitanya Degree College, Kakinada|
|SPACES Degee College, Tuni||St. Mary's College for PG Courses, Sarpavaram||Aditya Degee College, Kakinada||Ln. G.V.Rao Modern Degree College, Ramachandrapuram|
|Smt. & Sri G.K.R.V.M. Degee College, Rajahmundry||Sri Sai Madhavi Institute of Engineering & Technology, Mallampudi||Veeravalli Vidya Sundar PG College, Korukonda, Near Rajahmundry||Al-Ameer Institute of Management & Technology, Rajahmundry|
|Avanthi Degree College, Rajahmundry||S.R.R. Degree College, Peddapuram||Smt. Jasti Bullemmai Degree College, Rajahmundry||LAMP Degree College, Mummidivaram|
|P.S.N. Murthy Degree College, Gollaprolu||Little Rose Degree College, Draksharama||Sri Satya Sai P.G. College, Kothapalli||Aditya Institute of PG Studies, Peddapuram|
|Private Unaided Women Colleges|
|Rajahmahendri Degee College for Women, Rajahmundry||V.S. Lakshmi Women's Degree College, Kakinada||Aditya Degree College for Women, Kakinada||Smt. K. Rajya Lakshmi College for Women, Rajahmundry|
|Private Law Co-Education Colleges|
|G.S.K.M. Law College, Rajahmundry||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Law, Kakinada||P.S.R. Law College, Kakinada||Veeravalli College of Law, Rajahmundry|
|Private Engineering Co-Education Colleges|
|Konaseema Institute of Management Sciences & College of Engineering, Amalapuram||V.S.M. College of Engineering, Ramachandrapuram|
|Private Pharmacy Co - Education Colleges|
|GIET School of Pharmacy, Rajahmundry||Aditya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, Gandepalli||St. Mary's College of B.Pharmacy, Peddapuram||Sri Sai Aditya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, Surampalem|
|Lydia College of Pharmacy, Ravulapalem||Korangi College of Pharmacy, Kakinada||V.J's College of Pharmacy, Rajahmundry||Pydah College of Pharmacy, Kakinada|
|K.J.R. College of Pharmacy, Burugupudi, Rajahmundry||Vikas Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Korukonda, Rajahmundry|
Exemptions, Relaxations and Clarifications :
1. For Direct admission of SC / ST / PH category students (row 2), minimum performance in the qualifying degree is relaxed from 75% to 70% (8.5 to 7.5) and GATE score requirement from 300 to 200.
2. For admission with interview of SC / ST / PH category students (row 3), minimum performance in the qualifying degree is relaxed from 60% to 55% (6.75 to 6.25) and GATE score requirement from 300 to 200.
3. Qualifying degree performance is computed by aggregating performance over all the semesters / years of the qualifying degree.
4. For all B.Techs. from IITs graduating with a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of qualification through GATE is waived off.
5. Candidates with AMIE or Grad. IETE qualifications may also be considered for admission to the M.Tech. Programmes; however, if provisionally selected for admission based on their AMIE / Grad IETE performance, they would be required to complete 24 valid undergraduate credits prescribed by the concerned DRC / CRC / PEC and clear the GATE examination before being actually admitted to the M.Tech / MS(R) / M.Des. Programmes.
B. Minimum Qualifications for admission to Part Time and Sponsored (Full Time) M.Tech. / MS(R) Programs :
The following additional eligibility conditions and relaxations apply for the part time and sponsored full time program.
1. Only employees of Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or Research and Development Organizations or Private Industries (approved by Faculty Boards) are eligible for admission to these programs.
2. Employees of only those organizations which are located within 50 KMs radius of IIT Delhi are eligible to be considered for admission to part time M.Tech. / MS(R) programs.
3. All candidates should have a minimum experience of one year as on 1st August, 2010 for admission in July 2010.
4. Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full time candidates except that the requirement of qualifying in a national examination (column 4) is waived off.
5. Part Time M.Tech (Evening) Programme In Energy And Environmental Management is a special programme for working professions only. In this programme, lecture classes are held on week days in the evening between 1830 to 2030 hrs. and laboratory classes on Saturdays / Sundays in the forenoon.
6. Sponsored (Full Time) candidates seeking admission to a M.Tech. / MS(R) / M.Des. programme on the basis of study leave, must submit a “Sponsorship certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following :
1. for the period of his / her studies in the programme, the candidate would be treated as on duty with usual salary and allowances, and
2. that he / she will be fully relieved and granted study leave for a minimum period of 2 years.
7. Part time candidates are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following :
1. the candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part time basis.
2. that his / her official duties permit him / her to devote sufficient time for studies.
3. that he / she will not be transferred to any other place during the period of study.
Reservation of Seats :
1. 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.
2. 27% seats are reserved for Non-Creamy layer OBC candidates. All candidates applying for admission under this category should produce the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate applicable for OBC’s in the Central list at the time of interview.
For details and specimen form visit : http://www.iitd.ac.in/pgadmission.
3. 3% seats are reserved for the physically handicapped persons in the Postgraduate courses and Ph.D. Programmes.
Note : All shortlisted candidates applying for admission under the reserved categories are required to produce the relevant certificate at the time of interview.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.