BHU Law CounsellingLaw Entrance Exam » BHU »
BHU 2021 Law Counselling Procedure
STEP 1 : Online Preference Entry ( on or after issue of Call Letter and before the Counseling Date )
Every candidate called for counseling for admission to a Course shall be required to fill up an online Preference Entry Form which will be available and active on the on the Candidate‟ segment of the Entrance Test Portal ( www.bhuonline.in ) for online preference entry after they have received the password.
In the Preference Entry Form, a candidate is required to give his / her preference of the following
- Honours Subject [ Subject Combination ]-[ for B.Sc.(Hons.) ]
- Honours Subject- for BA ( Hons )
- Choice of Course. This preference option is available only if admission to more than one course is done based on merit
- index / rank obtained in a Common Test [ some of the UG programmes ].
- Preference of location [ Faculty / Department on the Main Campus or RGSC or Affiliated Colleges ]. This preference option is available only if a course runs at more than one location.
- Seat Type: Whether the candidate wants seats with regular fee only or he / she is willing to take admission in Paid Seat if the regular fee seats are full.
Give your order of preference carefully. No section of the online preference form should be left blank. If any section is left blank, it will be presumed that candidate is not interested in that option. Candidates will get another opportunity of making changes in the entries made in the Online Preference Entry Form on the day of counseling ( prior to verification of documents ). Admission to Paid Seats will be done after the regular fee seats are full. All those candidates who opted for Paid Seat while filling up the “Preference Entry Form” at the time of Counseling will be arranged in order of merit, their preference of a course ( as given in preference entry form ) and availability of seats. In case a candidate, who initially got provisionally admitted in regular fee seat of his / her lower preference, gets an opportunity of higher preference course / honours / honours ( combinations ) / location under Paid Seat, he / she will be considered for Paid Seat for the course to migrate from his/her lower preference to higher preference.
STEP 2 : Activity on the day of Counselling
- Reach the counseling venue at the prescribed time / date given in this Call letter. Contact the Counseling Centre/Venue Inchargeand mark your attendance by signing the attendance sheet available with the Counseling Centre Incharge.
- Discuss with the teachers available at the Counseling Centre / Venue about the available Honours / Course Combinations [ UG programmes of Faculty of Science, Arts and Social Science etc ], Options of UG courses [in case common entrance test is held for admission to more than one course], locations and fee structures, availability of hostels etc. In case you want to change your preference [ earlier filled up by you ONLINE ], you can do at this stage. Request the Counseling Centre / Venue Incharge for change. After preference entry form is finalized, get its printout, sign it and submit it alongwith other required original documents at the Verification Desk. Preference Entry Form once signed and confirmed by a Candidate on the Counseling Date shall be final and shall not be changed later. The computer will allot seats strictly in order of merit in the entrance test taking into account the order of preference filled up by the candidate and availability of seats.
Note : If a Reserved Meritorious candidate is called for counseling alongwith General category candidates his / her claim on seats reserved for his/her category shall remain intact.
In case you are provisionally admitted, collect the Provisional Admission Letter from the Counseling Centre / Venue Incharge at 10:00 am on the next day of Counseling. The Admission letter will show the course in which you are provisionally admitted on the date of counseling, amount of admission fee ( regular fee ) to be paid and deadline for fee payment (ordinarily 4:00 pm of the day following the Counseling date ). In case you are provisionally admitted to a special Course of Study or on Paid Seat, you will be required to pay the Special Course / Paid Seat Fee in addition to regular Fee of the Course. Please checkup from the Counseling Centre Incharge about the amount, mode of payment and deadline for payment of Special Course / Paid Seat Fee.
Mode of Payment of Admission Fee (Regular Fee of the University): After the candidate has received the provisional admission letter from the Counseling Centre / Venue Incharge, he / she will have following options for payment of Admission Fee
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal
- Payment of Fee in cash at the Fee Counters ( check the location of the nearest Fee Counter at the Counseling Centre / Venue )
Candidates must submit the proof of payment of admission fee to the Counseling Centre/ Venue Incharge latest by 04:00 pm on the next day of the Counseling ( deadline for payment of Fee ). This will not be required if fee is paid Online payment through credit card / debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal. In case they fail to produce the evidence / proof of payment by the said deadline, it will be presumed that he / she is not interested in the admission and his / her provisional admission letter shall be treated as cancelled / withdrawn.
- After (i) each day of counselling and (ii) fee payment deadline, computerised allotment / rearrangement of seats in order of merit and based on preference of candidates and availability of seats will be done. There are chances of upward mobility of candidates in the order of preference filled up by him/her after subsequent days of counseling / last day of counseling if the seats in the higher preferences of a candidate get vacated after he/she has attended the counseling. This will be done automatically by the computer. The final allotment will be done by the computer only after the expiry of payment deadline of the last date of counselling. Based on the preference of candidate given at the time of counseling, there could be change in course options, location and seat type ( free to paid and vice versa ). The final allotment done in this manner shall be binding on the candidate.
- Candidates must have in their possession all the original documents mentioned above. However, Marksheet downloaded from the Website of the concerned examining body ( subject to verification by the Admission Committee ), CONFIDENTIAL MARKSHEETS or PROVISIONAL RESULTS issued by the Registrar / Controller of Examinations of the concerned University or Secretary of the concerned Board (in case qualifying examination is of Senior Secondary level ) shall also be entertained at the time of admission. Failure to pay the fees within the prescribed period given in the admission letter will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.