CLAT Application FormLaw Entrance Exam » CLAT »
CLAT 2021 Application Form
How to Apply
The application form for CLAT-2021 shall be filled Online only.
The online application form has to be accessed from the CLAT 2021 website https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/clat-2021/
The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT 2021 online application webpage by using personal e-mail ID and mobile number. To register an application, choose the tab “Click Here for New Registration” and enter Name, Email-id and Mobile number. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system. An Email and SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will be sent. Use this Provisional Registration Number and Password to log in to fill the Online Application.
The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates / Mark sheets / Identity proof. Any change / alteration found may disqualify their candidature.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
- Application fees can be paid online only.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2021 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after candidates choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online.
Mode of Payment of Application Fee
Application fee can be paid online or by bank challan generated online.
For payment of application fee, candidates are required to login to the CLAT 2021 Online Application Webpage. Application fee shall be paid online through net-banking / debit card / credit card / pay wallet / RuPay etc. or through offline mode by way of online- generated bank challan.
Offline payments can be made after registering the application online and generating challans online. The print out of the challans generated have to be taken to the relevant bank for payment over the counter. Offline payments are to be made in Cash only.
The candidates will have to bear additional bank transaction charges, if any, in case they opt for remitting the fee through net-banking payment gateways or any of the other modes of payment, including challan payments.
The detailed procedure for payment of fee is also available at the CLAT-2021 online application webpage.
The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of fees must be finally submitted on or before 31st March, 2021 ( 11:59 PM ). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. The CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any incomplete information or misinformation or inconvenience faced by the candidate in this regard.
For any information relating to the nineteen NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective Institutions which will be available at the CLAT 2021 website.
Only Indian Nationals / NRIs / NRI Sponsored Candidates are allowed to appear in the CLAT-2021 Examination. Foreign Nationals are not permitted to appear in the CLAT-2021. However, the Foreign Nationals desirous of seeking admission to any of the UG / PG courses in any of the participating NLUs may directly contact the concerned University having seats reserved for Foreign Nationals.
Candidates can apply for CLAT 2021 Online only. Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before filling in the Online Application Form.
CAPS ( CLAT online Application Processing System )
The candidates can do most of their interactions with CLAT through the CAPS interface provided at CLAT 2021 website. Through CAPS, a candidate can register and apply for CLAT 2021 examination, check the status of the application, download the admit card, know the result and they can also download the result and score card.
An online interface is provided for applicant’s interaction with the CLAT Office. With this interface, an applicant can –
- Make Registration using “Register Yourself”.
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload photograph and signature and other documents, if any, in the appropriate place.
- Pay the application fee by ONLINE mode only ( Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card etc. ).
- Download Admit Card.
- Download previous year question papers. ( After the payment of requisite fee of ₹ 400/-).
- View Marks and CLAT Rank.
The login to this interface is through your Registered ID and Password. The Candidates are advised to keep this information safe and not disclose it to anyone.
Information / Document Requirements before filling online Application Form Before registering and logging in,the candidate is advised to keep the following information / documents ready:
- Personal information ( Name, E-mail address, Mobile number, Date of Birth )
- Address for communication ( including PIN Code )
- Essential Qualification details ( Percentage of Marks / CGPA of Boards / College / University information )
- Programme in which the candidate wishes to appear ( UG Course or PG Course )
- Three choices of CLAT examination cities
- Front facing Passport size clear photograph of the Candidate with clear lenses ( 3.5 cms x 4.5 cms ) [ JPG Format, size not more than 100 KB ].
- Signature of candidate [ JPG Format, size not more than 100 KB ]
- Scanned copy of SAP Certificatein PDF / JPG / JPEG format only ( if applicable )
CLAT 2021 Admit Card
The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.The candidates shall take a print-out of the Admit Card / Hall Ticket and carry the same to the Examination Hall. The candidates shall read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and carry all the requisite documents to the Examination Hall.
CLAT 2021 Important Dates
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.