ILI LLM Syllabus 2021Law Entrance Exam » ILI CAT »
ILI LLM Entrance Exam 2021
Indian Law Institute, New Delhi 2021 invites applications for admission to Master of Law ( LL.M. ) – One Year Programme for the academic year 2021 – 2022.
ILI LLM Entrance Syllabus 2021
The ILI CAT test shall consist of three parts.
- Part – I will contain 40 objective type questions with multiple choices relating to English language and general knowledge.
- Part – II will contain 100 objective type questions with multiple choices from the following areas : Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, IPC, Public International Law, Commercial Law ( Contract and Specific Relief Act, Partnership and Sale of Goods Act ), Law of Torts, Law of Limitation and Environmental Law.
- Part – III will contain 4 subjective type questions to be answered in not more than 150 words to test the legal writing skills of the candidate.
The Timing of All India Common Admission Test will be held
Distribution of Marks for All India Common Admission Test is as follows
|Subject Part||Exam Types||Marks||Question Pattern|
|Part - I||40 Objective Type Questions||40 Marks||Each question shall carry one mark. There will be negative marking for incorrect answers. One by fourth ( 1/4 ) mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.|
|Part - II||100 Objective Type Questions||100 Marks||Each question shall carry one mark. There will be negative marking for incorrect answers. One by fourth ( 1/4 ) mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.|
|Part - III||4 Subjective Type Questions||20 Marks||There will be 4 questions in Part III and each question shall carry 5 marks. Subjective type questions shall be to test the legal writing skills of the candidate.|
|Note : Candidates would be shortlisted on merit on the basis of marks obtained out of 160 marks ( Part I, II & III )|
|Part - IV||Evaluation of Statement of Purpose*||20 Marks||Statement of Purpose is to be attached by the candidate along with the application form to be evaluated by Board of Examiners.|
|Part - V||Viva-voce||20 Marks||Short listed candidates shall be called for viva- voce after declaration of result of All India Common Admission Test.Note: Date & Timings of viva-voce will be notified on the website : www.ili.ac.in.|
1. The All India Common Admission Test will be of two and half hours duration.
2. The medium of ILI CAT test will be English.
3. Statement of Purpose : The length of “Statement of Purpose (SoP)” shall not be more than 600 words. In SoP the candidate must clearly state the goals, the passion and aptitude towards LL.M ( preparation and fitness for LL.M ). Apart from these, in SoP candidate shall state the reasons to : (i) pursue Master of Laws ( LL.M. ) programme ( purpose ) and (ii) study in the Indian Law Institute for Master’s Programme The SoP must also state the future plan of the candidate after obtaining LL.M. Degree from ILI.
4. The question papers of last three years of All India Common Admission Test for LLM programmes are available in the office of the Indian Law Institute against payment of ₹ 500/-. The candidates may obtain the question booklet of last three years on payment of ₹ 500/- either in cash or through Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Indian Law Institute payable at New Delhi. The question papers of last three years can also be obtained by Registered Book Post / Courier on payment of ₹ 600/- through Demand Draft in favour of “Indian Law Institute” payable at Delhi.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.