ILI Syllabus Details 2021Law Entrance Exam » ILI CAT »
ILI 2021 Syllabus
Paper 1 : Intellectual Property Rights
- Introductions to intellectual property rights- Concept, theories and kinds, changing dimensions of IPR
- International Scenario
- TRIP’S and IPR regime
- Role of IPR in Economic Developments in India.
- WTO and Dispute Settlement Mechanism.
- Introduction to Trade Marks Law : Objects & scope
- Requirements for registration
- Refusal of Trade Marks.
- Registrations of Trade Marks
- Kinds of Marks
- Goodwill, doctrine of Passing-off-actions and its development in India
- Domain Names Dispute and cybersquatting
- Geographical Indications – National as well as International Law.
Paper II : Law of Copyright, Industrial Design and Layout Design of Integrated Circuit
- Introduction to Copyright – Fundamentals of Copyright, International Treaties & Conventions
- Subject matter and subsistence of copyright.
- Economic Rights & Moral Rights
- Doctrine of Fair use.
- Neighbouring Rights.
- Infringement of Copyright and Remedies.
- Copyright in Software & Database
- Digital Copyright
- Introductions to Industrial Design
- International regime
- Designs Act, 2000
- The Semi Conductor Integral Circuits Layout Design Act, 2000
Paper III : Law of Patents with Law on Protection of Bio – diversity, Farmers Rights and Traditional Knowledge
- Evolutions of Patent Law in India.
- Patent Act, 1970 and its amendments: Salient Features.
- Patent in international regime : Conventions & Treatise
- Relevant Provisions under TRIP’S Agreement, 1994, US UK and EU.
- Software Patents
- Bio – Patents.
- Drug Patents.
- Arts. 7 & 8 of TRIPS and its Significance.
- Protection of Traditional Knowledge, issues of Bio – piracy & Bio – prospecting Infringements & Remedies.
- Bio – Diversity Act, 2002. Salient Features and other relevant sections.
- Protections of Plant Varieties & Farmer’s Rights Act 2000, Salient Features and other related issues.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.