ILI Syllabus for LLM 2021Law Entrance Exam » ILI CAT »
ILI 2021 Syllabus
Criminal Law – I
- Nature and Definition of Crime.
- Elements of Crime.
- General Principles of Criminal Liability and Exceptions thereof.
- Strict Liability ( Any Two Acts ).
- Prevention of Corruption Act.
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act.
- NDPS Act.
- Essential Commodities Act.
- Individual liability and Group Liability – Distinction.
- Stages of Crime – Inchoate Crimes.
- Theories of Punishment.
- General Defences under IPC.
Criminal Law – II : Specific Crimes
- Culpable Homicide.
- Homicide by rash or negligent act with special reference to road rash and Medical negligence cases.
- Offences against Women and Children
- Bride Burning.
- Sexual Offences.
- Human Trafficking.
- Special Crimes
- Cyber Crime.
- Environmental Crime.
- Corporate Crime.
- Offences against property
- Theft, Extortion, Robbery and Dacoity.
- Criminal Missappropriation.
- Criminal Breach of Trust.
Criminal Law – III : Criminal Procedure
- Importance of Criminal Procedure.
- Crime control and Due Process Model.
- Functionaries under the Criminal Justice System and Hierarchy of Criminal Courts.
- Arrest and Rights of arrested persons / accused : Constitutional and Statutory Perspective.
- Law relating to bail.
- Components of Fair Trial.
- Plea Bargaining / Compounding / withdrawal of prosecution.
- Role of victim in Criminal justice system including compensation to victims.
- Correctional system.
- Law relating to Appeal and Revision.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.