Maharashtra LAW CET 2021Law Entrance Exam » ILS »
MH 2021 Law Entrance Exam
Maharashtra Law Common Entrance Test ( MAHCET ) invites admission Application for 3 Year LLB Full Time Regular programs for the academic session 2021 – 2022.
MH Law CET Eligibility
Eligibility for Appearing to MAH – LL.B 3 Years CET 2021
The candidate should be an Indian Citizen.The candidate should also fulfil the following eligibility criteria for following candidature types )
- Maharashtra State Candidature : Types of Maharashtra State Candidature
- A candidate who is Domicile of Maharashtra or born in Maharashtra, or
- The Father or Mother of the Candidate is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra, or
- The Father or Mother of the Candidate is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking who is posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submitting the Application Form for CAP, or
- The Father or Mother of the Candidate is an employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking, or
- The Candidates passing SSC and or HSC Examination or Equivalent Examination from a recognised institution from a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
- All India Candidature : The Candidates having Indian Nationality are eligible under this Category.
- Minority Candidature : The Maharashtra domiciled Candidate belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the State and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category.
- NRI Candidature : The Candidate who fulfils the conditions as defined in clause ( n ) of section 2 of the Act are eligible under this Category.
- Foreign Student or OCI or PIO Candidature : The Foreign Student Candidates, as defined in clause ( i ) of section 2 of the Act, the Overseas Citizen of India ( OCI ) Candidate, as defined under clause ( m ) of rule 2 of the Notification No. CET 2015 / C.R. 243 / Mashi – 2, Dated 05th May, 2017 and Persons of Indian Origin ( PIO ) as defined in clause ( o ) of section 2 of the Act are eligible under this Category.
- Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature : The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities; or
- The children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services ( IAS ) or Indian Police Services ( IPS ) or Indian Foreign Services ( IFS ) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities and joined the post on or before the last date for submission of application for admission; or
- The children of staff and officers of Jammu and Kashmir police engaged in combating terrorism; are eligible under this category
MH Law CET 2021 Educational Qualifications
Educational Qualifications for Maharashtra State Candidates
- The candidate should be a Graduate and or Post Graduate in any faculty / discipline od knowledge of any University in Maharashtra established by an act of Parliament or by the State Legislature or an equivalent National Institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an Authority competent to declare equivalence, with minimum 45% Marks in aggregate for Open Category candidates ( i.e. 45% Marks for all the parts of the Degree Examination taken together ) , and 40% Marks in aggregate in degree examination in all parts of the Degree Examination for candidates belonging to SC and ST Category belonging to State of Maharashtra only. ( Ref :Bar Council of India – 2008 : Part V – 5 ( a ) )
- The Candidate who has passed the 3 year undergraduate degree and or 2 / 3 Yrs. Post Graduate Degree from university mentioned in above after prosecuting the studies in the educational pattern of 10+2+3 and / or 10+2+3+2 / 3 Yrs. with regular studies at Secondary ( SSC ) and Higher Secondary ( HSC ) schooling.
- The Candidates who have completed 10 ( SSC ) +2 ( HSC ) Education following Regular Mode are also eligible for admission to LL.B 3 Yrs. CET 2021 provided they have completed their Graduation and or Post Graduation through Regular Mode / Open or Distance Mode .
- Candidates from Out – side Maharashtra Universities will be considered as Open Category candidates irrespective of their Caste / Category and criteria applicable to Open Category candidates will be applicable to them ( Outside Maharashtra University Graduates / Post Graduates.,
NRI,OCI, PIO and Foreign National Candidature
NRI / OCI / PIO / Foreign National Students desirous of seeking Admission to MAH – LL.B 3 Year CET 2021 Course need not apply and appear for MAH – LL.B 3 Year CET 2021 . FRI / OCI / PIO / Foreign National Students are exempted from MAH – LL.B 3 Year CET 2021. They must apply for CAP rounds as per the Notices and Time table to be displayed on www.mahacet.org and www.dhepune.gov.in. NRI, OCI, PIO, Foreign National Candidates will have to go through the scrutiny by the Scrutiny Committee appointed by Directorate of Higher Education. The details of which will be published on the web site in due course. The Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated.
- Candidates from Out – side Maharashtra State and having degrees from Outside
- Maharashtra Universities belonging to any Category will be considered as Open Category candidates and criteria applicable to Open category candidates will be applicable to them.
MAH 2021 Law Exam Scheme
The On Line CET comprises of one paper with Four Sections
- The questions will be Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions with Four Options.
- There is No Negative Marking.
- The time allotted is 2 Hours i.e. One Hundred and Twenty Minutes.
- The Questions will be in English and Marathi.
|S.No||Area||No. of Questions||Marks per Question||Marks|
|1||Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||1||40|
|2||General Knowledge with Current Affairs||30||1||30|
|3||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||1||40|
|Total||150||1 per question||150|
MH 2021 Law Exam Pattern
- The examination will be conducted on – line mode i.e. on a computer.
- The MAH – LL.B 3 Year CET 2021 test will be provided in English and Marathi.
- All the questions will have multiple choices. Out of the Four options / answers to the question only one will be the correct answer. The candidate has to select the most appropriate answer and ‘mouse click’ the alternative which he / she feels appropriate / correct. The alternative / option that is clicked on will be treated as the answer to that question. Answer to any question will be considered for final evaluation. Only when candidate has submitted the answers by clicking on “Save and Next” or “Mark for Review and Next”.
- The clock has been set at the server and the countdown timer at the top right corner of your screen will display the time remaining for you to complete the Examination. When the clock runs out the Examination by default – candidate is not required to submit his / her examination.
- The question palette at the right of the screen shows one of the following statuses of each of the questions numbers.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.