National Law Institute University – NLIU Entrance Exam 2021Law Entrance Exam » NLIU »
NLIU 2021 Entrance Exam
NLIU invites applications for admission to Five Year BA LLB ( Hons. ) and One Years LLM Programs for the academic year 2021 – 2022. NLIU Admission is based on Common Law Admission Test – CLAT 2021.
NLIU 2021 Offered Courses
- Five Year BA LLB ( Hons. )
- One Years LLM Programs
The University offers LLM Courses in the following five specializations
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property & Business Law
- Constitution & Administrative Law
- Human Rights, and
- Criminal Law.
NLIU 2021 Law Eligibility
Eligibility for BA LLB
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with the minimum of
- Forty-five percent ( 45% ) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved / OBC / ( Specially Abled Persons ) Categories and
- Forty percent ( 40% ) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST Category.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2021 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT-2021 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of qualifying examination ( i.e., 10+2 ) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
(i) Higher marks in the section of legal aptitude in CLAT – 2021 exam.
(ii) Higher age.
(iii) Computerised draw of lots.
Eligibility for LLM
The candidates must have Minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination ( i.e. LL.B. / Five-Year Integrated LL.B. ( Hons. ) / any other equivalent exam ) as under
- Fifty five percent ( 55% ) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved / OBC / Specially Abled Persons ( SAP ) and other categories, and (ii) Fifty percent ( 50% ) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST category,
- The candidate must have passed / appeared in the final semester / final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his / her admission.
- In case of candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination, he / she may submit his / her final result of qualifying examination within the time frame prescribed by the respective University / Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.
- In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by procedure and order as under : (i) Higher age; (ii) Computerized draw of lots.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2021
NLIU 2021 Reservation of Seats
BA LLB Intake and Reservation
NLIU admits 128 students to its B.A.LL.B ( Hons. ) program. The distribution of seats is as under
|Category||MP State Seats||All India Seats||NRI / NRI Sponsored *|
- Outof 68 All India General Seats 26 Seats are reserved for Madhya Pradesh State Domicile Candidates
- In addition to the table, 2 seats are reserved for candodates of States of Jammu and Kashmir
- 30% seats are reserved for women ( horizontal reservation ) as per Madhya Pradesh Lok Seva Arakshan Adhiniyam, 1994.
- 3% seats are reserved for Persons With Disability ( horizontal reservation ) as per The PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) ACT, 1995.
LLM Intake and Reservation
|Category||I. P. & Business Law||Business Law||Constitutional & Admin Law||Criminal Law||H. R. Law|
|M. P. SC||01||01||01||01||01|
|M. P. ST||01||01||01||01||02|
|M. P. OBC||01||01||01||01||01|
- One seat is horizontally reserved for candidate belonging to Persons with Disability.
- 10 seats under General Category are horizontally reserved for Madhya Pradesh State Domicile candidates.
- 12 seats ( 30% ) are horizontally reserved for female candidates.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.