National Law School of India University – NLSIU Entrance Exam 2021Law Entrance Exam » NLSIU »
NLSIU 2021 Entrance Exam
NLSIU University invites Application for five year Integrated B.A., LL.B. ( Hons. ) Program and One year LL.M Program for the academic year 2021
LL.M. Degree programme in two distinct and separate Branches of specialization :
- Business Law
- Human Rights Law
NLSIU 2021 BA LLB Eligibility
candidate for admission to the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Course shall have
- Passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an examination equivalent thereto securing in the first attempt, not less than 50% (45% in the case of SC / ST candidates and persons with disability) in the aggregate, and
- Not completed 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- In the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and persons with disability, the maximum age limit shall be 22 years.
Those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks are not eligible for admission. Candidates whose Statement of marks of the qualifying examination is not available at the time of formal interviews, are also not eligible for admission.
NLSIU 2021 Reservation of Seats for BA LLB
At present, the intake capacity of B.A., LL.B. ( Hons. ) Degree Programme shall be 80 ( Eighty ) with the following break-up
|Scheduled Caste||12 ( i.e. 15% )|
|Scheduled Tribe||6 ( i.e. 7.5% )|
* 02 seats ( 3% Horizontal Reservation ) are reserved for the special Abled Persons ( SAP )
Foreign Nationals will be admitted directly on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination, overall academic record and command over English language. Preference will be given to the candidates from SAARC countries and other developing countries. They will have to apply directly in the prescribed format availableon the NLS Website along with the following address on or before the prescribed date.
Bangalore – 560 072.
NLSIU 2021 LLM Eligibility
- LL.B. or equivalent degree in law examination with a minimum of 55% marks in case of Unreserved / OBC / ( Specially abled persons ) categories and 50% marks in case of SC / ST category
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2021 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT 2021 examination. However they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination in the respective National Law Universities at the time of admission failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2021
NLSIU 2021 LLM Intake and Reservation of Seats
At present, the intake capacity of LL.M. Degree Programme shall be 50 ( Fifty) with the following break-up
- Business Law – 35 Seats
- Human Rights Law – 15 Seats
|Category||NLSIU Business Laws Total - 35 Seats||NLSIU Human Rights Law Total - 15 Seats|
|Scheduled Caste ( 15% )||5||2|
|Scheduled Tribe ( 7.5 % )||2||1|
* 2 seats are horizontally reserved for Specially Abled Persons ( SAP ).
- Interested foreign students may apply directly to the University in the prescribed format available on the NLS website along with the supporting documents to the following address, on or before the prescribed date.
The Registrar, NLSIU,
Bangalore – 560 242.
- They will be admitted directly on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination, overall academic record and command over English Language. Preference will be given to the candidates from SAARC countries and other developing countries.
NLSIU 2021 Application Form
NLSIU Application form available on the official webiste : www.nls.ac.in
Important Notes :
- Read the Regulations relating to Ph.D / LL.D and satisfy yourself that you are eligible to seek admission to the course and you are willing to fulfill the regulations thereof. Visit NLS Website www.nls.ac.in for online submission of application.
- Application fee of Rs. 3,000/- shall be paid online. Duly filled in applications along with their relevant credentials and the details of fee paid shall be submitted.
- Last date for submitting the online application shall be 6th June, 2021.
- The Admission Test will be held on 12th June 2021 at 2 PM. The mode of examination will be online. Qualifying in the Admission Test will not automatically entitle a candidate for admission. Other regulations as stated have to be followed.
- Candidates who qualify the entrance examination will be invited to make a presentation
- Maximum Number of vacancies for LL D and Ph.D for the academic year 2021-22 are 4 and 19 respectively. The University reserves its right not to fill all the vacancies
The National Law School of India University,
Karanataka – 560 072, India.
Telephone No. : 91-80-2321 3160, 23160532-535,
Fax No. : 91-80-23160525,
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.nls.ac.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.