TA Pai Management Institute Entrance Exam – TAPMI Entrance Exam 2021MBA Entrance Exam » TAPMI »
TAPMI 2021 Entrance Exam
TA Pai Management Institute ( TAPMI ), Manipal invites application from eligible candidates for admission to PGDM, PGDM Healthcare and PGDM in Banking and financial Service ( BKFS ) Programs, through CAT / XAT / MAT / GMAT Scores for the academic session 2021.
- The Admission Process provided below explains the common process followed across all programmes. Each PGDM programme may have additional components based on its requirements.
- Profile considered for shortlisting consists of valid CAT/XAT/GMAT scores (whichever is higher), academic profile (10th, 12th, Graduation), work experience (type of company, total experience, etc.), extracurricular achievements, if any.
- The Statement of Purpose plays an important role in shortlisting.
- Shortlist for each programme is separate and independent of each other. Shortlist in one Programme does not guarantee shortlist for the other Programme.
TAPMI Eligibility 2021
A Graduate Degree with not less than 50% marks (Final year students may also apply. However, the admission shall be cancelled if they obtain less than 50% in his/her graduation)
Stage I: Shortlisting
For candidates with work experience of less than 20 months as on Mar 31, 2021:
|CAT 2020||85 percentile|
|XAT 2021||85 percentile|
- This year, applicants may submit any one of test scores: CAT 2020 OR XAT 2021 OR GMAT (January 1, 2016 – February 28, 2021) score. Applicants can submit more than one test score. GMAT test based candidates are required to update their test score, on or before March 15, 2021.
- For candidates with work experience of more than 20 months as on Mar 31, 2021
- TAPMI follows profile-based shortlisting. Profile considered for shortlisting consists of valid CAT 2020 OR XAT 2021 /GMAT scores (January 1, 2016 – February 28, 2021) (whichever is higher), academic profile (10th, 12th, Graduation, etc.), work experience (type of company, total experience, etc.), extra curricular achievements, if any. Students shall be informed about the shortlist decision on their registered email address.
Stage II: Admission Process
The stage II of TAPMI admission process consists of English Proficiency Test (EPT), followed by Moderated Group Discussion (MGD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- English Proficiency Test (EPT): EPT assesses the English proficiency across listening, writing, reading and speaking skills of the applicant
- Moderated Group Discussions (MGD): Moderated Group Discussions aims to evaluate ability of the applicant to interact within a group an enrich the discussion. MGD aims at evaluating applicant’s skills in Problem Solving, Confidence and Assertiveness, Persuasion, Collaboration and Communication. Topics for MGD will be based on current affairs/ issues debated in last five years.
- An important change for the forthcoming process is to restrict the number of candidates to 6 per group and have the discussion moderated by the faculty panel.
- Personal Interview (PI): TAPMI’s objective for conducting personal interview is to understand the applicant’s attitude towards management education.
- To ensure the same, TAPMI shall be conducting Behavioral Personal Interview. TAPMI shall evaluate applicant’s ability in terms of SelfAwareness , Self-Management , Social
Awareness, Leadership and Communication.
NRI Eligibility Criteria
Candidates under NRI quota must be an Indian national and additionally satisfy either of the criteria listed below (with enough proof):
- Must be an Indian Citizen who is ordinarily residing outside India and holds an Indian Passport[OR]
- Must be the Sons/Daughters of Non-Resident Indian(s)
All other conditions with reference to eligibility requirements such as Minimum 50% marks during Graduation and Admission Test Scores (CAT/XAT/GMAT) shall apply
PIO/Foreign Citizen/OCI Eligibility Criteria
An international applicant is the one who is not an Indian citizen. The admission process and eligibility criteria remain the same as Indian National students
Person of Indian Origin (PIO) means a Foreign Citizen (except a national of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China, Iran, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Nepal) who at any time held an Indian passport Or who or either of their parents/grandparents/great grandparents were born and permanent resident in India as defined in Government of India Act, 1935 and other territories that became part of India thereafter provided neither was at any time a Citizen of any of the aforesaid Countries; or who is a spouse of a Citizen of India or a PIO.
Foreign Nationals means the Citizen of the Countries other than India who are not of Indian origin as defined under OCI/ PIO
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) means a Foreign national, who was eligible to become Citizen of India on 26.01.1950 or was a Citizen of India on or at any time after 26.01.1950 or belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947. Minor children of such person are also eligible for OCI. However, if the Applicant had ever been a Citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh, he/she will not be eligible for OCI.
Mode of Interview: Online
Last date for submission of online application is December 11, 2020.
The important dates for TAPMI Admission Process for AY 2021-23:
|TAPMI Admission Application Commencement||October 15, 2020|
|TAPMI Admission Application Close||Extended till January 22, 2021|
|Communication about TAPMI Admission Process Stage-2 shortlist||January 21, 2021 onwards|
|Stage-2 of TAPMI Admissions Process||https://www.tapmi.edu.in/admissions/admissions-schedule/|
|TAPMI Admissions Final Selection First List Announcement||March 16, 2021|
|Commencement of PGDM First Year Term I||July 1, 2021|
FEES AND OTHER DETAILS
- Tuition fee – (common for all)-Domestic students – INR 7.55 lakhs for the year (2021-22)+ INR 7.55 lakhs for the year (2022-23), NRI-USD 20,000 per year
- Alumni lifetime membership fee – INR 20000
- Caution deposit (Refundable) – INR 40000
TAPMI appreciates and values merit, and awards scholarships to meritorious students. For aspiring students, TAPMI provides scholarships upto INR 2.9 crores. Under Dr. Ramdas Pai Merit Scholarship scheme, TAPMI has instituted four categories of Scholarships benefitting 50 students upto an amount of INR 2.26 crore. The scholarship amounts to a fee waiver of 30% of the total tuition fee in each category.
TAPMI WAT / PI Centres for Admissions 2021
TAPMI would conduct WAT and Personal Interviews ( WAT / PI ) at the following centres
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Manipal, Mumbai and New Delhi.
Note : CAT / XAT Scores are used only for short – listing of candidates for WAT / PI. IIM’s or XLRI have no role in the selection process or conduct of the PGDM programme. Final Selection will be based on performance in the TAPMI Admissions Process.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.