XAT Preparation TipsMBA Entrance Exam » XLRI XAT »
XAT Preparation Tips 2021
Main Areas to Prepare for XAT 2021 Exam
XAT has 5 sections :
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- General Knowledge
XAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- It is a paper – pen based test, not an online test.
- Surely take some Mock XATs Exam, from any of the top coaching institutes which is very helpful for the students to prepare for XAT.
Changes in XAT 2021
- The paper is concerned, no change is known as of now.
- They have said that the cut-offs would be reduced which means comparatively lesser weighting to XAT because they want a better mix of people.
- Level of difficulty is also expected to be lesser this year.
XAT 2021 Score Accepting Institutes
- XAT Score is accepted by 130 B – Schools across India.
- Some of them are XLRI, XIM – B, SP Jain, IMT – Ghaziabad, TAPMI Manipal, IFMR Chennai, GIM Goa, Welingkar Mumbai and Liba Chennai.
Strategy for Essay Writing :
- Essay writing requires clear thinking, structured thought process, good argument analysis and effective writing.
- Practice writing essays within 20 min and seek feedback from your teachers / experts.
Prepare to get Admission on Xaviers Institutes :
- In addition to XAT, B – Schools have Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
- For Group Discussion, it requires very good knowledge and communication skills.
- For interview, preparation is on your Acads / Work exp / Goals / Personality – Related / Hobbies etc.
- The Interview mainly contains questions like Acads – Based.
- At least we should be able to answer the basic / medium level questions.
XAT differ from others :
- XAT is quite similar to CAT in terms of the course, areas covered, b-schools covered, and difficulty level.
- XAT has an essay, which other exams not have essay.
- Other exams like SNAP are generally easier.
XAT Exam Guidelines 2021
- For the section on Quantitative Ability, a good Preparation for CAT should be more than sufficient.
- For the section on Decision Making, it would be advisable for students to revise concepts pertaining to Puzzles and Decision making Questions.
- They should especially focus on practicing the Distribution based puzzles.
- For the section on English Language & Logical Reasoning, it would be advisable for students to revise concepts pertaining to RC, Sentence correction, Vocabulary based questions ( words confused ), Para formation, Logical reasoning questions ( especially on identifying argument structure, argument elements and inference based questions ).
- Students should also focus on Figures of Speech as there have been questions on identifying metaphors, oxymorons, personification, etc. in previous years’ XAT papers.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.