Birla Institute of Technology – BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Exam 2021
Birla Institute of Technology invites application for Master in Computer Applications ( MCA ) program for the academic year of 2021 – 2022.
BIT Mesra MCA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
- Candidates must have one of following qualifications:
a) Bachelor of Computer Applications OR
b) B.Sc. in Computer Science OR
c) B.Sc. in Information Technology OR
d) B.Sc. in Computer Applications.
- Candidates with above mentioned qualifications (item-3) must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in all subjects in which the candidate has appeared.
- Candidates with B.Sc. Honours must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in their Honours subject.
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s Program in 2021 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 4 or 5 above) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the program provisionally. At the time of reporting for the verification of documents cum admission such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a) by 30 June 2021, (s)/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
b) (s)/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item (4 or 5) above), based on latest
available grades / marks. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (4 or 5) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2021. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [ class X, class XII or graduation ], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board / University.
BIT Mesra MCA 2021 Reservations of Seats
The number of seats to be offered in 2021 for the MCA programme at various Campuses is as given below
|Sl No||Campus||Seats to be offered|
Currently the Institute follows reservations as given below for its MCA programme
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. ( SC – 15% & ST – 7.5% )
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability ( 3% ).
- Upto 1 seat at all Campuses is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Upto 6% of the seats at its Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Campuses 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed / are appearing for qualifying examination ( graduation ) from the state in which Campus is located. ( The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his / her College where (s) / he has passed / is appearing for the qualifying examination / graduation ). [ In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group ].
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.