JIPMER MD MS Entrance Exam 2018
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research invites applications from the eligible candidates for Admission to MD / MS Courses ( 3 Years ) for the July, 2018 Session.
JIPMER MD MS Course Duration
Duration of the MD / MS course is Three (3) years i.e 36 months from the date of admission
JIPMER 2018 Courses Offered
M.D. / M.S. Courses are offered in the following disciplines and the distribution of seats discipline wise is as under :
|S.No.||Disciplines||No. of Seats|
|For all Indian Nationals including OCI||For Indian candidates sponsored by Govt. ( Central / State / Sevices )||For Foreign National Candidates|
|5||Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||3||0||0|
|9||Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion||1||1||0|
|2||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||8||1||1|
The number and distribution of seats are subject to variation depending upon the periodic directives /decisions from Competent Authorities. The seats falling vacant after final counseling of this session will not be carried forward to next session.
JIPMER PG 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Indian Nationals ( IN )
- Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India ( OCI ).
Non-Resident Indians ( FN )
Non-Resident Indians candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All Non-Resident Indians will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications. In the events of selection, the candidate has to apply for temporary registration with the medical council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
- The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 30th June, 2018 [ *Candidates not completing the internship on or before 30th June, 2018 need not apply for July 2018 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted ].
Minimum Qualifying Marks :
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For candidates belonging to the SC / ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in ( i ) and ( ii ) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
- Candidates who have already done / completed MD / MS in any subject in any Institution are not eligible for admission to MD / MS course at JIPMER.
JIPMER PG 2018 Exam Pattern
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium Only.
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects. and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below :
|JIPMER MD MS Exam Pattern|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test ( CBT ) [ Online ]|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours ( Three Hours )|
|Timing of Examination||Single Shift : 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||One Paper of 250 Questions|
|Type of Objective Questions||Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs )|
|Distribution of Questions||Basic Clinical Science- 100 Questions
Clinical Science - 150 Questions
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer : Four marks (+) 4
Incorrect Answer: Minus one (−) 1
Unanswered : 0
|Eligibility scoring ( Percentile )||UR / INST / OCI / NRI / Sponsored - 50
UR - OPH - 45
SC / ST / OBC - OPH – 40
|Method of determining merit||Percentiles Score|
|Method of Resolving Ties||In the Following order :
Less Negative Marks
High Aggregate Marks in Qualifying Examination
Seniority by age
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.