PU 2018 Entrance Exam
Panjab University Entrance Exam ( PUEE ) invites admission Application for MDS programs for the academic session 2018 – 2019.
PU 2018 Eligibility
- The admission to MDS course shall be open to candidates who have qualified NEET MDS 2018 and are eligible as per eligibility criteria for NEET MDS 2018 laid down in Information Bulletin for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-MDS for admission to MDS course 2018.
- As per Dental Council of India guidelines, the minimum percentile of marks for eligibility for admission to postgraduate dental courses shall be 50% percentile for General Category candidates, 45% percentile for Person with Disability ( PwD ) and 40% percentile for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Backward Classes ( BC ) .
- Counseling / Admission shall be conducted by the Admission Committee constituted by the Panjab University for this purpose
- Candidates cannot claim a seat / admission on the basis of the NEET MDS 2018 rank alone. Eligibility of a candidate for admission against any Post Graduate seat will be determined by the Admission Committee, as per rules and regulations laid down by the Panjab University & DCI from time to time. The eligibility shall also be based on other documents as specified in the check list at page No. 13, with the Admission Form.
- Candidates shall attach the self attested downloaded copy of Result Card of NEET MDS 2018 . The candidate is also required to attach self attested photocopy of the Admit Card of NEET MDS 2018 with ADMISSION FORM.
- In case any candidate is found to have furnished false information or certificate, etc. or is found to have withheld or concealed information in his / her Admission Form, he / she shall be debarred from admission. All candidates will be considered for admission in General Category. The candidates interested to be considered under any other category also, must write the relevant code at specified serial number 12 of the Admission Form. For Category Codes, see ‘Instructions for the Candidates’ at Sr. No. 10 of Admission Form. No candidate will be considered for a category whose code has not been entered in the Admission Form, even if the candidate actually belongs to that category.
- For claims on reserved seats / categories wherever applicable, the candidates must support their claim by attaching self attested photocopies of appropriate certificate ( s ) / documents issued by competent authority as per specimen along with the Admission Form.
- Candidate with disability, i.e., Person with Disability ( PwD ) shall be considered for admission as per rules and regulations specified by Dental Council of India as appended below
- seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70%.
- Provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfiled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the annual sanctioned seats for General Category candidates”.
- Seats reserved for “Internal Faculty only with BDS qualification” shall be offered strictly in order of merit of NEET 2018.
PU 2018 Reservation Seats
|Subject||Total Seats in Each speciality||General||S.C||S.T.||B.C||PwD||Internal Faculty Onlywith BDS qualification*|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3||2||1||-||-||-||-|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||2||1||-||1||-||-||-|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3||2||-||-||1||-||1|
|Prosthodontics and Crown &Bridge||3||2||1||-||-||-||-|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.