PGIMER MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh PGIMER invites applications for admission to MSc Nursing Courses for the academic session starting from first July, 2020.
PGIMER MSc Nursing Course Duration 2020
- MSc Nursing course : Two years
PGIMER MSc Nursing Eligibility 2020
- B.Sc. Nursing / Post-Basic from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh as equivalent thereto with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Should have minimum one year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife by June, 2018 ( the last date for submission of applications ) in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital ( for private hospitals only ) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc. Nursing ( 4 years ) or before and after Post – Basic B.Sc. Nursing. The experience certificate in this regard must be on the letter head of the hospital and should clearly indicate the capacity of the hospital in terms of number of beds and should be approved by State / Central Govt.(S) failing which experience will not be considered.
- Should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male candidates fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children.
PGIMER MSc Nursing Application Form 2020
PGIMER 2020 Online Application Form will be available in the PGIMER website www.pgimer.edu.in, the candidate will open the Application Form available on the website and fill up various columns.
PGIMER MSc Nursing Application Fee
- SC / ST / OPH candidates : ₹ 800/-
- For all other categories : ₹ 1000/-
All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees in any State Bank of India branch by filling the challan form in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh ( Examination ) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319. Those candidates who have SBI account can also pay their fees through Power Jyoti PUL funds Transfer.
PGIMER MSc Nursing Seats 2020
|Number of seats for M.Sc. Nursing|
|Course||Gen||SC||ST||OBC||For PGI Staff||OPH*||Total|
|M.Sc. Nsg.||12||04||02||07||06 (Gen-3, ST-1, OBC-2)||01||31|
No. of seats for M.Sc. Nursing specialty wise
|Sr. No.||Specialty||For PGI Staff||Others||Total|
|1||Community Health Nursing||--||06||06|
|2||Mental Health ( Psychiatric ) Nursing||01||02||03|
|3||Child Health ( Pediatric ) Nursing||02||04||06|
|4||Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing||01||04||05|
|5||Medical Surgical Nursing :|
- The specialty shall be offered to the candidates as per the merit list of entrance test.
- The specialty will be changed only at the time of counseling.
- Specialties for the M.Sc. Nursing in Medical Surgical Nursing in any one of the above sub specialty shall be opted by the candidate by 31st August, 2020.
PGIMER MSc Nursing Exam Pattern 2020
Written test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as given below :
Note : Question paper will consist of 100 questions of objective type with a single correct response out of four options. Negative marking ( 0.25 ) will be done for wrong answers.
|Medical Surgical Nursing||15||15|
|Community Health Nursing||15||15|
|Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|Mental Health Nursing||15||15|
|Trends in Nursing||15||15|
Merit list of candidates is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the online entrance examination. Merit list is prepared for each category of candidates viz.
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Communities
- Orthopedic Physically Handicapped
- PGI deputed candidates to the courses of B.Sc. Nursing ( Post Basic ) and M.Sc. Nursing.
N.B. Seats for these categories are not interchangeable. However OPH candidates selected under OPH category will consume the seat of their own category like GEN / SC / ST & OBC.
PGIMER MSc Nursing Selection Process 2020
- The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of entrance test
- The minimum marks required for the selection will be 50% for candidates belonging to General category including foreign candidates and 45% for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / OBC & OPH.
- In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh shall be final.
Inter – se – merit
If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance examination for admission to M.Sc. Nursing course then their inter-se-merit for admission to the course shall be determined on the basis of the following :
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing qualifying exam, ( 10+2 / GNM examination ) will rank junior to a candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If the attempts made in passing qualifying exam ( 10+2 / GNM examinations ) are also the same, then a candidate who has higher marks in the said examination will rank senior to a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
- If the attempts made in passing the said examinations and the marks obtained in the examinations are also the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to the candidate who is junior in age.
PGIMER MSc Nursing Results 2020
PGIMER MSc Nursing 2020 Exam Date
PGIMER MSc Nursing Entrance Exam was conducted on 22nd June, 2020
PGIMER MSc Nursing 2020 Result Date
PGIMER MSc Nursing 2020 Result has been declared
PGIMER MSc Nursing Important Dates 2020
|1||Entrance Exam||24th June, 2018 ( Sunday ) at 10:00 AM|
|2||Declaration of Result||25th June, 2018 ( Monday ) at 11:00 AM|
|3||PGIMER MSc Nursing Counselling||27th June, 2018 ( Wednesday ) at 02:30 PM|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.