Liberians Postgraduate Scholarhips, Africa
Masters and PhD scholarships in the field of water sciences, energy sciences, climate change and education planning.
The African Union, in partnership with member states, is offering scholarships in leading African Universities and Higher Education Institutions for the 2010 academic school year.
Scholarships are restricted to post – graduate studies (Masters or Ph. D.) in Africa. The aim is to create an Africa led by its own people with a proud African identity.
It is also intended to give a unique opportunity to Africans to strengthen their skills and expose them to best practices and training in Africa.
Applicants Must :
- Be Liberians;
- Be under the age of 45 years;
- Have demonstrated excellent academic performance (3.0 GPA or above);
- Have proof of admission to a leading university or higher education institution in any African Union member state to undertake a full time Masters or Ph. D. programme; and
- Be willing to commit to work in any African Union member state on completion of studies for at least three years.
Eligible Liberians must forward the following documents for consideration :
- Completed application form (application form also found on AU website: www.africaunion. org / mwalimunyerere)
- Certified (NOTARIZED) copies of university diplomas / degrees;
- Two passport – sized photographs (names of applicant at the back);
- Brief description of applicant’s Research Project proposal (Maximum 1000 words);
- Copy of letter of admission from a reputable higher education institution;
- Two references (1 academic, 1 social) sealed and addressed to the Mwalimu Nyerere Scholarships Scheme;
- Candidates must also complete the Electronic Data form, which is available on theAfrican Union website (www.africa-union.org / mwalimunyerere).
The Deadline for submission of applications is September 30, 2010.
Submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
Application and all supporting documents should be sent by post to the following address :
African Union Commission
Human Resources, Science and Technology,
Mwalimu Nyerere Scholaship Program,
P.O. Box 3243,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Email : mwalimunyerere@africa – union.org
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.