Australian Federation of Graduate Women – AFGW NSW Scholarships 2018
AFGW – NSW Inc Fund Tempe mann Travelling Scholarship for women enrolled as a Research masters or doctoral women to undertake a short period of advanced research or course work in any field, at an overseas university or equivalent organization, 2018
Study Subject ( s ) : Any field
Course Level : Research masters or doctoral
Scholarship Provider : AFGW – NSW Inc
Scholarship can be taken at : Australia and abroad
Eligibility for AFGW NSW Masters and PhD Courses
- The Scholarship is available to women enrolled as a research masters or doctoral degree student at The University of Sydney, or who have a first degree or masters from the University of Sydney and are enrolled for a research doctorate at another university within NSW or Canberra.Short listed candidates will be required to attend an interview in Sydney in November.
- The Scholarship is awarded to a woman to undertake a short period of advanced research or course work in any field at an overseas university or equivalent organisation.
- Applications will also be considered for similar periods of research or course work at interstate institutions though preference will be given to applicants needing to travel overseas.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or have permanent residency in Australia.
AFGW NSW Scholarship Description
Conditions of the Award
- That the successful candidate agree to acknowledge AFGW NSW support in any publication (including any thesis) that results from the work undertaken
- That she provide a written or verbal report on the conclusion of the project.
AFGW NSW Scholarship Application Form
Your online application should provide the following information
Professional data including
- Qualifications obtained, where and when
- Prizes or awards granted, where and when
- Publications (if numerous, list the six most important)
- Employment (if applicable)
- Other life activities, community involvement.
Research / study proposal
- Place of research or study. Attach proof of enrollment or of provisional acceptance from the University or other institution at which you propose to work (letter or email)
- Specific aims of project for which you would use the funds
- Detailed budget for the specific project / study (approx 1/3-1/2 page)
- A statement of other sources of financial support which will supplement the Tempe Mann Scholarship including other grants for which you are an applicant or recipient
- Give the names and email addresses of your supervisor, and an independent referee who is familiar with your academic record and who is able to comment on your proposed project. (DO NOT include references with your application)
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend an interview in November and their referees will be contacted.
AFGW NSW Scholarship Application Deadline
- Completed online application form should be submitted to the AFGW NSW Inc by 30th September, 2017. No applications will be considered after this date
- You will receive an electronic notification of the receipt of your application.
If you experience difficulties with your electronic application, or do not receive an automatic receipt after submitting, please contact the Administrative Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.