MLS Teaching Fellowships, Australia
Education fellowship program for PhD Fellows in the field of Law
The Teaching Fellowships, open to first year PhD candidates in the Melbourne Law School, include mentoring by senior academics, a comprehensive program of paid teacher training and teaching experience, and full inclusion in the intellectual life of the Law School.
The MLS Teaching Fellowships add another dimension to PhD candidature at the Law School, adding value to the research program by offering a foundation for a clear career path into academia.
Indigenous Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Indigenous applicants can contact the Associate Dean (Research), Associate Professor Sean Cooney at s.cooney-at-unimelb.edu.au or 03 8344 8109 for advice and information on making an application.
The objectives of the MLS teaching fellowships are :
- To provide outstanding PhD candidates with a prestigious Fellowship that will benefit the development of a future career path in academia;
- To provide a range of teaching experiences that will allow them to develop skills over the period of their candidature (i.e. three years);
- To provide a predictable additional source of income on top of their scholarship to provide financial stability and sufficient resources to allow Fellows to focus on their PhD;
- To offer an opportunity to develop relationships with teaching mentors in addition to their PhD supervisors;
- To offer an opportunity to develop a teaching portfolio that will be recognized by universities as evidence of a Fellow’s credentials as having both a theoretical understanding and practical experience of teaching; and
- To involve Fellows in Melbourne Law School’s vibrant and exceptional intellectual community. To this end, Fellows will be provided with a workspace, computing facilities, extensive resources and support, access to extensive resources (including staff common rooms in the Law School building), inclusion in regular Law School teaching and research seminars, and a web profile / homepage as a Melbourne Law School Teaching Fellow.
2011 Application Deadline : Friday 15th October 2010.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.