The Neville and Jeanne York PhD Scholarship, Australia
Scholarship for Australian citizen
Australian Rotary Health is a multi – district project for Rotary in Australia, with over 1,150 Rotary Clubs and 38,000 Rotarians supporting it.
Australian Rotary Health has channelled more than $ 24 million in Australian research projects over its 29-year history. Australian Rotary Health’s emphasis has been on community health.
Australian Rotary Health has previously invested in research projects looking at Cot Death, Adolescent Health, Family Health as well as the Ross River Virus, Malaria, Bowel Cancer screening, First Aid and Emergency Care Research.
Australian Rotary Health’s Funding Partners Program has invested in over $1 million in the best and brightest minds in fields as diverse as Motor Neuron Disease, Child Wellbeing, Suicide, Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s and most of the Cancers.
- The Neville and Jeanne York PhD Scholarship is offered to a PhD applicant – anywhere in Australia – investigating Motor Neuron Disease. The applicants must be beginning their first year of the Scholarship.
- The PhD Scholarship honors the late Neville and Jeanne York and recognizes the meritorious support for Australian Rotary Health over many years.
- The successful applicants will formally report to Australian Rotary Health but will also be expected to regularly meet with the York Family and give reports on their research.
Eligibility Requirements for Neville and Jeanne York PhD Scholarship :
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen of have Permanent Resident Status and not be under bond to any foreign government. Applicants are to provide where appropriate, evidence of residential status.
Applications will be evaluated on the following :
- Academic Record.
- Quality of the Proposed Research.
- Suitability of the Intended Supervisors and Institution.
- Suitability of the Applicant for Research Training.
- Relevance to Community – Based Interventions.
Neville and Jeanne York PhD Scholarship Conditions :
- Applicants must be Full – time students and not be receiving an additional scholarship. Additional salaried work must not exceed NHMRC guidelines. Applicants enrolled in a combined degree are not eligible.
Application deadline : 3rd December 2010.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.