Phillipa Weeks Scholarship in Law
The Phillipa Weeks Scholarship in Law was created in memory of Phillipa Christine Weeks who was a member of staff of the ANU College of Law from 1979 until her death in 2006 at the age of 53.
The Scholarship Fund was established from money donated by the University, the College, staff of the College, alumni, family and friends.
Eligibility for Phillipa Weeks Scholarship
The Phillipa Weeks Scholarship in Law is available to a person who :
- Is a successful applicant for entry to the 1st year of a program of study leading to the award of Bachelor of Laws ( LLB ) whether undertaken as a single degree or part of a combined program
- has undertaken ( at least ) the final two years of their secondary schooling in a regional or remote area of Australia
- has completed school in the last 12 months
- is a citizen of or holds permanent resident status in Australia
- the successful applicant must not have been previously enrolled in any tertiary degree or diploma program at a university or other institution of tertiary education whether in or outside Australia.
Phillipa Weeks Scholarship Application
Applications shall be called for annually with a closing date as set, from time to time, by the ANU College of Law Scholarship Committee.
The application shall be submitted in the form of a letter (with any relevant attachments), which sets out information in relation to the applicant’s achievements relative to opportunity, in the following areas :
- Academic performance over the final two years at secondary school
- Leadership at school; and
- Community involvement.
The application should also give information about the regional or remote area in which the applicant lives and has received his or her schooling.
Three references supporting the application should be forwarded separately to the ANU College of Law Scholarship Committee. It would be expected that one of those references would cover leadership and academic performance, and one would cover community involvement.
The third reference might be from another person who has known the applicant for a significant period but is not a member of the applicant’s family.
The applicant must apply separately for entry to the Australian National University.
Selection for Phillipa Weeks Scholarship
The ANU College of Law Scholarship Committee will consider the applications taking into account the applicant’s academic performance, leadership qualities and achievements, and contribution to the community, all made relative to opportunity over the final two years of secondary school.
Application Deadline : 30 November
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.