2012 PhD Scholarships in Ghent University
University of Ghent announce PhD Scholarships for Candidates from Developing Countries Belgium ( 2012 ).
Study Subject ( s ) : Any.
Course Level : PhD.
Scholarship Provider : University of Ghent.
Scholarship can be taken at : Belgium.
Eligibility for Ghent University PhD Scholarships 2012 :
To be admissible for this call, all of the following requirements must be met :
- Candidates need to come from – and have the Nationality of – a Developing Country.
- There must be a guarantee that the candidate will be able to work on the PhD project at the partner University.
- This implies that there must be a local PhD supervisor at the partner University or Research Center.
- Also a written statement is requested from that supervisor or the University authorities stating that the candidate is either a student or a staff member of this University of Ghent and will be sufficiently exempted from teaching or other assignments as to be able to fully concentrate on the PhD research.
- This Statement should also mention that the candidate receives / received a local PhD Scholarship or salary when working on the PhD in the Home Institute.
University of Ghent PhD Scholarship Open for International Students :
- Yes, University of Ghent PhD Scholarship is available for International Students.
Ghent University PhD Scholarship Open for following Countries :
- University of Ghent PhD Scholarship Open for Developing Countries.
University of Ghent PhD Scholarship Description :
- With support from its “Special Research Fund” ( BOF ), Ghent University wishes to support University Research Groups or Research Centres in Developing Countries in their aim to grow into excellent research centres by upgrading local academic personnel.
- Therefore Ghent University Grants PhD scholarships to promising PhD students from Developing Countries who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country.
- No restrictions are imposed on the field of research, nevertheless preference will be given to topics that are relevant for development.
- Relevance for development measures the degree in which the action of development corresponds with the expectations of the beneficiaries, the needs of the country, global priorities and the policies of partners and donors.
- PhD Scholarship program is limited to Universities and Research Centers in developing countries with which Ghent University is already cooperating or has cooperated in the last 5 years.
- It is the Ghent University promoter who has to present evidence of this previous cooperation.
- These grants take the form of a so called “sandwich” PhD Scholarship the candidate obtains a University of Ghent Scholarship for 24 months to work within a span of 48 months on an alternating basis on the PhD and at the university or research center in the country of origin of the candidate.
- The proposals must be submitted by a promoter at Ghent University and a supervisor at the Local Institution.
Ghent University PhD Scholarship Application Form 2012 :
- University of Ghent PhD Scholarship should be applied by Post.
University of Ghent PhD Scholarship Application Deadline 2012 : 8th March, 2012.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.