China Medical Board Next Generation Fellowships 2014
The China Medical Board offers next generation fellowships for pursuing a Master’s degree program at a world-renowned institution outside Mainland China. Fellowships are provided in the field of health policy and systems sciences. The Chinese students can apply for the fellowships. Applicants must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, obtained prior to September 2014. The application deadline is 1st December, 2013.
Study Subject(s) : Fellowships are provided in the field of health policy and systems sciences offered by the university.
Course Level : The fellowships are available for pursuing the master’s degree program at a world renowned institution.
Scholarship Provider : China Medical Board
Scholarship can be taken at : Abroad
Eligibility for CMB Next Generation Fellowships 2014 :
Each Applicant :
- Must be a Chinese citizen, currently residing in mainland China.
- Must be under 40 years of age on the final application deadline of 1st December, 2013 ( i.e. born after 1st December, 1973 ).
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, obtained prior to September 2014. Priority in selection will be given to applicants with at least one year work experience or study experience beyond a bachelor’s degree. We especially encourage young faculty to apply.
- Since health policy and systems sciences work is multidisciplinary, a wide range of skills and interests will be valuable, and therefore no rigid boundaries have been fixed regarding prior fields of study and experience. While individuals with backgrounds in purely clinical medicine or medical laboratory research are encouraged to apply, they should only do so if they intend to make a professional commitment to work in areas related to health policy and systems sciences. This fellowship opportunity is not designed to support training in clinical medicine or laboratory research.
- Must have a valid TOEFL or IELTS test score. If applying to US schools, applicants are responsible to prepare in advance to take the GRE if required by the school.
- Should be committed to returning to China, and working in fields related to HPS in China.
Scholarship Open for International Students : The students of China can apply for the fellowships.
CMB Next Generation Fellowships Scholarship Description :
The CMB Next Generation Fellowships offer financial support for international study in the fields of health policy and systems sciences. The fellowships are intended to train a new generation of potential leaders in these health policy and systems sciences ( HPS ).
Duration of Award(s) : Fellowship is offered for 10-24 months.
What does it cover? :
This fellowship supports reasonable costs of full-time Master’s degree study, in English, at a university outside of mainland China, typically for 10-24 months, with the degree to be provided by that university. Funding is limited to a maximum of US$65,000 total, which is generally sufficient to support all costs of Master’s degree study ( including tuition, living allowance, travel, insurance etc. ) for one year. For those who choose to study for two years, costs may exceed this maximum by as much as $50,000, and applicants need to be prepared to cover any such additional cost. Fellows are not permitted to take on paid employment at any time during the grant period.
Selection Criteria for CMB Next Generation Fellowships 2014 :
Applicants will be judged based on a variety of criteria, including :
- Strong record of current academic achievement and ability.
- Sufficient English skills to participate in demanding studies at the graduate level.
- Importance and relevance of their study to health policy and systems sciences.
- Leadership potential.
- Potential for self-improvement as a result of their study.
- Devotion to the health care profession, and to the people they serve.
CMB Fellowship Notification 2014 : Institute of International Education ( IIE ) will plan to notify selected “Fellows-Elect” in April 2014.
How to Apply for CMB Next Generation Fellowships 2014 :
The mode of applying is by post or email. Applicants must prepare the following documents :
- A rigorous and lengthy application to this fellowship program.
- A personal essay in English.
- official, valid test results for either the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- Official, valid test results for the GRE test, if applying to schools in the United States which require it.
- 3 recommendation letters ( using CMB Next Generation Fellowships Letters of Recommendation forms ).
- Other additional materials required by the application form ( please refer to Application Part 2 for details ).
CMB Next Generation Fellowships Scholarship Application 2014 Deadline : The application deadline is 1st December, 2013.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.