2013 PhD Fellowship in University of Copenhagen
Department of Large Animal Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen University of Copenhagenis offering a PhD fellowship starting on 1st October, 2013 or soon thereafter.
The application will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no 242 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities of 13th, March, 2012. The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested in this post to apply.
The position belongs to Veterinary Epidemiology under the Group of Population Biology. Veterinary Epidemiology has focus on modelling spread of disease within and between herds, diagnostic test evaluation, infectious disease control, animal welfare, evaluation of databases and also veterinary jurisprudence. Population Biology also includes the research disciplines ethology and bio – ethics.
Several of the tasks are solved as commercial activities. The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences comprises app. 7500 students, app. 1500 PhD students and app. 3200 employees.
The Department of Large Animal Sciences is one of the three veterinary departments at the University of Copenhagen, the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. The department undertakes a number of scientific tasks involving large animals ( production animals and horses ), annual teaching of more than 200 veterinary and animal science students and development tasks and attendance of the authorities for ministries and industry.
Study Subject ( s ) : Disease Control and Prevention.
Course Level : PhD.
Scholarship Provider : Department of Large Animal Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
Scholarship can be taken at : Denmark.
Eligibility for Copenhagen University PhD Fellowship 2013
- A veterinary degree or similar qualifications is required.
- Driving licence.
- Preferred qualifications : Solid level of Danish, English and good general communication skills are advantageous.
- Some clinical experience from bovine practice will be considered an advantage.
- Prior knowledge of quantitative epidemiology or herd health management involving data analysis will also be an advantage.
University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship Open for International Students
- No, University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship is not available for International Students.
Copenhagen University PhD Scholarship Selection Procedure 2013
1. Key criteria for the assessment of candidates
2. The grade point average achieved
3. Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD program
4. Previous publications
5. Relevant work experience
6. Other professional activities
7. Language skills
8. The successful candidate is also required to be enterprising and to possess good
9. Interpersonal skills
University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship Application Form 2013
- University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarships should be applied by an Online.
Copenhagen University PhD Scholarship Application Deadline 2013
Copenhagen University PhD Scholarship Apllication Deadline is 2nd September, 2013.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.