Doctoral Fellowships UGC / CSIR NET
The Council awards Doctoral Fellowships under the following categories :
- Centrally Administered Open Doctoral Fellowships
- Institutional Doctoral Fellowships
Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowships Scheme
- The Council awards 55 fellowships each year after following a prescribed selection procedure, on the approved topics / sponsored themes.
- Out of this 40 seats are earmarked for open category and 15 seats for North – East category.
Institutional Doctoral Fellowships Scheme
Additionally, the Council has allotted 76 fellowships annually to 23 of its Research Institutes spread all over India. Candidates who are willing to work under the guidance of a faculty member of any such institute will have to apply directly to the concerned institute. The institutes will make their own selection by following a due procedure. A list of the institutes where these fellowships are allotted is annexed.
Doctoral Fellowships Application Procedure
The Council advertises both categories of Doctoral fellowships in leading newspapers every year. Eligible candidates have to apply in the format given in the advertisement along with all required documents. The format is also made available at the Council’s website : www.icssr.org.
Doctoral Fellowships Eligibility
- Candidates who hold a Master’s degree of a recognized university with a first or second class with 55% marks in social sciences,
- registered for Ph.D. in social sciences and have cleared National Eligibility Test ( NET ) of UGC / CSIR are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should preferably not be more than 35 years ( relaxable by 5 years in case of SC / ST )
Doctoral Fellowships Selection Procedure
1. The shortlisted candidates are interviewed by an Expert Committee.
2. Those who succeed in the interview are awarded a Doctoral Fellowship by the Council.
Value and Duration
The value of the Doctoral fellowship is
- ₹ 6,000/- PM for Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship in case of unemployed scholars who have cleared UGC NET
- ₹ 6,000/- PM for Institutional Doctoral Fellowship in case of unemployed scholars who have cleared UGC NET
- ₹ 5,000/- PM for institutional Doctoral fellowship in case of unemployed scholars who have not cleared UGC NET
- Salary protection in case of employed scholars.
- Doctoral Fellowship carries an annual contingency grant of ₹ 12,000/- to both unemployed and employed scholars.
- The Council also bears leave salary and pension contribution / employer’s share of CPF, in case of employed scholars only.
- The duration of the fellowship is two years.
- The duration is extendable by one more year in exceptional cases for unemployed scholars only.
Doctoral Fellowships Aplication Submission
Fellows are expected to submit a copy of their thesis to the Council on award of Ph.D. by the concerned university.
The affiliating institution will have to submit an Audited Statement of Accounts & Utilisation Certificate duly certified by the statutory auditors of the university / institution.
The final instalment which consists of third instalment of each year / balance is released on receipt of an approved copy of the thesis and an audited statement of accounts and utilization certificate of the total grant sanctioned / released.
Doctoral Fellowships Application Deadline
- There will be no last date for applying under any Doctoral fellowship scheme of ICSSR.
- Doctoral Fellowship Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
Programmes of Study
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in Schooling Details…
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in Undergraduate Details…
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in Postgraduate Details…
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in Doctoral Details…
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.