Karlsruhe Institute of Technology PhD Scholarships 2012
Doctoral Position in the field of Quantitative Environmental Sciences Discipline, Meteorology, Environmental Physics, Biology, or Engineering at The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology ( KIT ) and its Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research / Atmospheric Environmental Research ( KIT / IMK – IFU ), Germany 2012.
- Study Subject ( s ) : Study Subject is Effects of climate change and stress events on emissions of biogenic volatile organic compounds from plants.
- Course Level : Level of Study is PhD.
- Scholarship Provider : The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology ( KIT ) and its Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research / Atmospheric Environmental Research ( KIT / IMK – IFU ) in Garmisch – Partenkirchen, Germany.
- Scholarship can be taken at : Germany.
- Tenure of award : The PhD position will be for a maximum period of three years.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology PhD Scholarships 2012 Eligibility
MSc degree in a quantitative environmental sciences discipline, for instance meteorology, environmental physics, – biology, or – engineering. Applications from candidates who are close to completion of their MSc degree will also be considered Aptitude to learn, understand and work with complex analytical instruments ( mass – spectrometers, leaf gas – exchange systems ), and to contribute to the instrument maintenance and calibration Experience in data-analysis and statistical software and in processing measurement results; good quantitative skills to synthesise results for development of process – based mathematical algorithms Sense of responsibility, ability to meet deadlines, enjoyment of working within a multi – disciplinary team. The appointee must be willing to visit partner institutions, and have very good spoken and written skills in communicating in the English language.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology PhD Scholarships 2012 Open for International Students
- No, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology PhD Scholarships are not available
KIT of Technology PhD Scholarships 2012 Description
We seek a PhD student to specifically address effects of multiple abiotic stresses ( e.g., temperature, water, nutrients ) on BVOC emissions under different levels of ambient CO2. Effects of biotic stress may also be explored. The experimental work will be conducted on plants grown in the climate – controlled greenhouse facility of the KIT Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research / Atmospheric Environmental Research in Garmisch – Partenkirchen.
How to Apply for KIT PhD Scholarships 2012
- Applications including curriculum vitae, certificates, short outline of own interests and skills regarding the position’s profile, and the contact information of one to two professional referees should be send by Email to Prof. Almut Arneth.
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology PhD Scholarships Application Deadline : 31st October, 2012.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.