Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) Fellowship ProgramScholarships »
Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) Fellowship Program 2016
Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) invites application for Junior Research Fellowship Program for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) is a premier scientific institute under the Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India. IPR is located in Bhat Village and also has extensions of its Laboratories at GIDC, Sector – 25, Gandhinagar and has a Center at Guwahati. IPR is devoted to research and development activities in the areas of basic Plasma Physics, Magnetic Confinement fusion and industrial applications of plasmas. Applications are invited from highly motivated students to pursue doctoral research in the broad areas of experimental and theoretical plasma physics.
IPR Fellowship 2016 Eligibility
- M.Sc. in one of the following subjects : Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics with a minimum aggregate of 60%. Students must have Physics and Mathematics at the Under Graduate level.
- Candidates expecting a Master’s degree in any one of the above subjects by August 31st 2016 can also apply.
IPR Fellowship 2016 Age Limit
- Not more than 26 years as on 1st Aug. 2016 (born on or after 01/08/1990).
- Age relaxation is admissible to SC / ST / OBC / PHP / etc. as per Government of India orders on the subject.
- Age limit is relaxable by five years for SC/ST and three years for OBC applicants.
- Physically Handicapped Persons (PHP) of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
IPR Fellowship 2016 Selection Procedure
Personal interview of short listed candidates who satisfy the eligibility criterion and have qualified any one of the following:
- JEST – 2016 ( in Physics)
- GATE in Physics ( Paper code PH ) in 2015 / 2016 and
- CSIR– UGC-JRF-NET in June or Dec.2015 in Physical Sciences ( Subject code PHY ).
IPR Fellowship 2016 Application Form
Interested candidates may apply by filling up the form online only ( refer http://www.ipr.res.in for details ).
The tentative dates for personal interview are 06th June, 2016 to 08th June and 23rd June, 2016 to 24th June, 2016. Candidates selected for interview will be paid to-and-fro sleeper class railway fare via the shortest route.
Stipend & Facilities : ₹ 25,000/- per month, raised to ₹28,000/- per month after two years, subject to satisfactory academic review; a book grant of ₹22,000/- per year; free accommodation and medical facility at a nominal charge. Students may also be supported partially for attending conferences abroad during their PhD tenure. Institute has collaborations with several reputed national / International institutes and universities, where a student may also be sent ( if found necessary ) for research and training during their PhD tenure.
IPR Fellowship 2016 Important Dates
|1||Opening Date for Online Application||21st March, 2016 ( Time : 10.00 AM )|
|2||Closing Date for Online Application||15th April, 2016 ( Time : 5.00 PM )|
|3||Closing Date for receiving hard copy of Application by Post / Courier||22nd April, 2016 ( Time : 5.00 PM )|
|4||Tentative Dates for Personal Interview||06th June, 2016 to 08th June and 23rd June, 2016 & 24th June, 2016.|
|To Apply : http://www.ipr.res.in/PHD2016/|
Institute for Plasma Research,
Near Indira Bridge, Bhat Village,
Dist. Gandhinagar – 382 428,
Website : www.ipr.res.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.