Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research Summer Research FellowshipsScholarships »
JNCASR Summer Research Fellowships 2019
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research invites applications for its Summer Research Fellowship Program 2019.
JNCASR 2019 Areas of Research
Life Sciences : Infectious and non-infectious diseases, bioinformatics, developmental biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, genetics, life-history evolution, circadian biology, animal behaviour, behavioural ecology, evolutionary genetics, experimental evolution, population dynamics, phylogeography, neurophysiology, behavioural neurobiology and behavioural genetics
Materials Sciences : Nano sciences, energy and green materials.
Chemical Sciences : Solid state chemistry, theoretical and computational chemistry, organic, physical and inorganic chemistry, organic and asymmetric synthesis, medicinal and bio-organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, supramolecular chemistry and chemistry of nanomaterials.
Physical Sciences : Condensed matter theory and experiment, statistical physics, semiconductor materials physics, biophysics, nano physics, organic electronics, computational materials science, soft matter, semiconductor interfaces, heterostructures, physical metallurgy and transmission electron microscopy.
Engineering Sciences : Computational fluid dynamics using mesoscopic simulation techniques, Dynamics and rheology of complex microstructured fluids including suspensions, emulsions and polymer solutions, Flow of granular media, Active matter, Hydrodynamic stability of Newtonian and viscoelastic fluids, High Reynolds number flows and turbulence, Non-linear dynamics and chaos, vortex dynamics.
Minimum Academic JNCASR 2019 Requirements for Applying
- Students who have secured not less than 80% in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th or equivalent examinations and not less than first class in graduation and post graduation ( if applicable ).
- Students presently studying in I & II year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E / B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and I – IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences and Mathematics
- Students presently studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E / B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and II – IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences
- Students presently studying in I year of M.Sc. can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
The students selected under this program are placed with scientists at the Centre or elsewhere in India, for 2 continous months with a stipend of ₹ 6000/- P.M. and travel support as per Government of India norms.
Selected candidates will be intimated by 1st April, 2019 and the list will be also available on the website www.jncasr.ac.in.
JNCASR Contact Address :
The Academic Coordinator,
Fellowships and Extension Programmes,
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research,
Bangalore – 560 064.
JNCASR 2016 Summer Research Fellowship Application Deadlines
- Last date for downloading JNCASR application form from website www.jncasr.ac.in : 30th December, 2018
- Last date for receipt of completed JNCASR application form : 5th January, 2019
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.