M. L. Sood Memorial ScholarshipsScholarships »
M. L. Sood Memorial Scholarship
M. L. Sood Memorial Scholarship for Bachelor of Engineering, preferably in Civil Engineering, Jabalpur, India.
M. L. Sood Memorial Number of Scholarships
(a) The M. L. Sood Memorial Scholarship will be given every year from 2010.
(b) The M. L. Sood Memorial Scholarship will be for the regular students of Bachelor of Engineering, preferably in Civil Engineering, of reputed colleges of Jabalpur area only. The Colleges selected for this are :
- Hitkarini College of Engineering and Technology, Jabalpur.
- Jabalpur Engineering College, Ranjhi, Jabalpur.
- Gyan Ganga Institute of Science & Technology, Tilwara Road, Jabalpur.
- Global Engineering Collage, Global Nature Care Sangathan’s Group of Institutions, Raigwan, Global Square, Patan Bypass, Jabalpur #
(c) There will be four* number of scholarships for the students of Bachelor of Engineering, preferably in Civil Engineering, from the under privileged sections of the society. A selected candidate will be given this Scholarship for three consecutive years starting from second year of his / her BE degree course, subject to his / her consistently better performance and fulfilling other eligibility conditions.
M. L. Sood Memorial Eligibility
(a) The candidate should :
- Be a resident of India.
- Be a regular student of Bachelor of Engineering.
- Be a regular student of any of the reputed Colleges, located in Jabalpur as specified in Para ( 3b ) above, which is approved by the AICTE and Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Prodhyogiki Vishwavidhyalaya, Bhopal.
- Have appeared in the examination conducted by the affiliated university i.e. RGPV Bhopal.
- Have passed the eligibility examination for the scholarship in first attempt. The eligibility examination for the Scholarship shall be the BE 1st semester main examination.
- Bear a good moral character.
(b) The candidates admitted through transfer course ( TC ) in BE Civil 3rd Semester will be eligible for the Scholarship during their third and fourth years of study, only, provided they fulfill other eligibility conditions. The eligibility examination for the Scholarship for such candidates shall be the BE 3rd semester main examination.
(c) There will be no bar for the candidates for taking advantage of any other Scholarships from any other agency along with this Scholarship.
(d) The selection of these candidates will be on qualitative basis. The Scholarship will be awarded to those deserving needy bright candidates who find it difficult to continue in their studies due to lack of availability of funds.
(e) The selected candidates have to give consistently better performance and have to pass their examinations in first attempt, else the candidate will not be awarded for the Scholarship for the further period. However, in exceptional cases only one time exemption to this may be granted on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
(f) The gross total income of parents of such candidates, from all sources, shall not be more than ₹ 2,00,000/- ( ₹ Two Lac only ) per annum. An affidavit to this effect shall have to be submitted by the Candidate along with necessary certificate from Competent Authority.
(g) In granting these Scholarships the children of the following category will be given preference :
- Freedom Fighter.
(e) If a candidate is physically challenged, he / she will be given preference.
(f) In granting these Scholarships girl candidates will be given preference.
M. L. Sood Memorial Amount of Scholarships
- All the Scholarships mentioned here shall be in Indian Rupees (rupee) payable either by account payee demand draft or by the account payee cheque.
- The amount of Scholarship will be ₹ 25,000/-** per scholarship per year.
- However, the Donee Trust, depending upon the total interest amount available, reserves the right to increase or decrease the above said amounts or number of Scholarships without any notice, from time to time.
Application for M. L. Sood Memorial Scholarship
- The Application shows the willingness of the candidate for the acceptance of Scholarship. Thus, each of the eligible candidates should apply for the Scholarship in the prescribed application format.
- The application forms for each year will be made available at the selected Colleges in the month of July-August or can also be obtained from website of Mahakoshal Shaheed Smarak Trust, Gole Bazar, Jabalpur www.shaheedsmarak.org. #
- The application for the grant of Scholarship / renewal will be accepted from 1st of August, each year. The last date for the submission of application for the Scholarship shall be the 30th of September each year or 30 days after the result of first semester examination, whichever is later. Also the last date for the submission of application for the renewal of Scholarship shall be 30th of September each year or 30 days after the even semester result, which ever is later.
- Applications received after the due date will not be considered.
- The candidate should enclose all the necessary documents, described in the application form, after due attestation by the competent authority. In the absence of these the application may, summarily, be rejected.
- The candidates should submit his / her application for the Scholarship to the following address :The Director,
Gyan Ganga Institute of Technology and Science,
P. O. – Tilwara, Near Bargi Hills, Tilwara Road,
Tripuri ward , Jabalpur ( M.P. ) P.I.N. – 482 003
Tel. No : 0761-2671551, 2671580, 2671538
Phone No. : 0761 – 2600222, 2600223.
- The envelope of application should be clearly marked with “Application for “Late Shri M. L. Sood Memorial Scholarship – for the year…”
- The candidate can submit his / her application either by post or by – hand. However no claim for delay or lost application due to any reason will be accepted and all such applications may, summarily, be rejected.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.