Ministry Minority Affairs ScholarshipScholarships »
Ministry of Minority Affairs Scholarship 2007
Prime Minister?s New 15 Point Program for the Welfare of Minorities
Government of India offers 20, 000 Scholarships in 2007-08 for Technical / Professional Courses for students belonging to the minority communities
- Are you a student belonging to any of the minority communities. Notified under section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 viz. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist or Parsi?
- Are you admitted to a technical or a professional course in an appropriate institute at under graduate or post-graduate level on the basis of a competitive entrance examination? Or
- Admitted without a competitive entrance examination, but have secured not less than 50% marks at the preceding examination Or
- Admitted in any of the top 50 top institutes listed in the scheme on the basis of a competitive entrance examination
- If so, you are eligible for award of a scholarship. For students studying in 50 top institutions listed in the scheme, full course fee is reimbursable. For those studying in other institutes recognized by an appropriate authority, course fee up to Rs.20, 000 per annum is reimbursable.
- Hostellers will also get maintenance allowance of Rs.1, 000/-per month and day scholars Rs.500/- per month for 10 months
- If you are a girl student, 30% of scholarships are earmarked for you.
- To be eligible, the income of your family / guardian should be less that 2.5 lakh per annum.
- Watch out for advertisement by your State Government / UT administration and apply in the prescribed application formats through the institution where you are studying.
- Contact the Department of Minority Affairs or the department dealing with minority welfare in your State / Union Territory.
- Details of scheme, including the list of top 50 institutes, are available on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs at www.minorityaffairs.gov.in
For queries, Email to email@example.com
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.