AUT University – AUT Scholarships 2014
This scholarship is to enable the holder to study questions of international relationships or social and economic conditions, at Masters or PhD level. The scholarship is tenable overseas.
Study Subject ( s ) : Courses offered by the University
Course Level : PhD
Scholarship Provider : AUT University
Scholarship can be taken at : Newzealand
Eligibility for AUT Scholarship 2014 :
- Applicants must hold an honours degree, or a degree in theology, from a New Zealand university.
- In the award of the said scholarship the Board of Selection shall have regard not only to the educational attainments but also the character and qualities of leadership of the candidates.
AUT Scholarship Open for International Students :
- No, AUT Scholarship is not available for International Students.
- The funds for this scholarship are provided by the income from a bequest made in 1951 by Isabel Evelyn Spencer Watson to the University of New Zealand for the establishment and maintenance of a scholarship as a memorial to her nephew, Clement Gordon Watson.
- This scholarship is intended to assist AUT staff members wishing to enter the program.
- These are high – cost program and not part of the nil tuition fee programme for staff wishing to study.
AUT Scholarship 2014 Application Form :
- Applicants shall apply for the scholarships by completing the forms supplied by the Universities New Zealand – Te Pokai Tara. All applicants who are enrolled, or recently graduated from, a university in New Zealand shall forward their applications to reach the Scholarships Office of that university no later than 1 March in the year in which they propose to commence their graduate study.
- All other applicants shall forward their applications to reach the Scholarships Manager of the Universities New Zealand – Te Pokai Tara no later than 1 March.
- Candidates are requested by the Board to send in as part of their applications, a statement of their school history, general activities, proposed course and subsequent intentions, together with evidence of their personal character and capacity for leadership.
AUT Scholarship 2014 Selection Procedure :
The said scholarship shall be awarded by a Board of Selection that shall consist of the following :
- The Governor – General for the time being or in his / her absence from New Zealand the Administrator of the Government; the Anglican Bishop of Wellington for the time being; the Minister of Education for the time being; two members of the Universities New Zealand – Te Pokai Tara who shall be appointed and may be removed and replaced by it from time to time.
- The Governor – General, the Bishop of Wellington and the Minister of Education, if unable to act personally, may appoint another person to represent them on the Board of Selection.
- The emolument of such scholarships shall be paid at such times and in such manner as the Universities New Zealand – Te Pokai Tara shall from time to time decide, normally in New Zealand currency six-monthly in advance. Decisions made : June / July.
AUT Scholarship Application Deadline 2014 : 1st March, 2014.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.