Edna Joyce Howe Scholarship 2010, New Zealand
Edna Joyce Howe Scholarship, Research, Massey University
1. Edna Joyce Howe Scholarship fund was established under the terms of the will of the late Edna Joyce Howe.
2. An application to vary the terms of the scholarship was made to the High Court in 2005 and approved on the 19th July 2006.
3. The terms of the Edna Joyce Howe Scholarship now varied “to establish a scholarship fund to enable payment to be made to enable trained teachers in Food Technology, Clothing, Textile and Design Technology, Home Economics or other Home and Life Science Development subjects to undertake further studies or research in those fields.
In order to qualify for support from the fund applicants must have a minimum of three years’ teaching experience with at least half that teaching time in the areas above – mentioned.”
4. The Trustees have resolved to offer an annual scholarship of up to $ 15, 000.
5. The Edna Joyce Howe Scholarship shall be tenable for one year and shall be payable either by instalments or in one sum.
6. To be eligible applicants must be New Zealand citizens or residents and plan to study or carry out research at an approved tertiary institution.
7. Applications must include full details of the applicant’ s educational qualifications together with details of the proposed further training. Applications must reach the office of Albert Alloo & Sons, 67 Princes Street, P. O Box 292, Dunedin not later than 15 October each year.
8. The Edna Joyce Howe Scholarship may be held concurrently with any other scholarship or bursary and is non – taxable in New Zealand.
9. Candidates are required to submit copies of two references as to character.
10. A written report is to be submitted to the trustees at the conclusion of the project.
11. Applicants are expected to continue to work in the education sector after completing their studies for a reasonable period of time.
Application Deadline : 15 – 10 – 2010.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.